No announcement yet.

Menard 2022/23 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have heard similar and the new place is called Abuelos i believe and supposed to be the better place to eat.

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
    I was told that it is 1/2 of the family from Ojeda's that had a big falling out so they opened up their own mexican food restaurant

Comment

It is owned by the Ojeda family that did the cooking at the old location across from Bowie's. This restaurant is called Abuelo's (Grandfather's) and the food is very good. I eat there several times a week for lunch and they are getting a lot of business.
      I had .8" of rain last night and praying for more this week.
      Adios,
      Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
        Went to the Lazy Ladle instead.
        You mean someone besides us eats at the Lazy Ladle.. The Flat Iron steak on Friday nights is the bomb !!

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
          You mean someone besides us eats at the Lazy Ladle.. The Flat Iron steak on Friday nights is the bomb !!
          The best "Pan Fried" chicken fried steak. Yum

Comment

Thanks Gary, was there last weekend and couldn't believe how green everything had gotten.
            One of our guys got a young Axis and it had a good amount of fat on it.

Comment

Ended up with 1.1" at the house yesterday. Most folks had 1.5" to 3" in the SW part of the county. The deer around the house are still thin but with the rain and hopefully a few acorns, they will put on a little weight before winter. I saw a really nice 10 point with 17-18" spread, perhaps a 140" buck on a low fence, no supplemental feed ranch on Monday. He is by far the best LF buck I have seen this year. He was on a ranch that had not been grazed in a couple of years so that may have helped him.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Farmlogs said we got 1.5” yesterday and .5” the day before.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                  Should be really close to correct. The Williamson Ranch adjacent to you to the north got a little over 2".
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

I have had 1.7" since Sunday night at the house and this is less than most of the county. Finally got a good rain on the south central part of the county and almost 3" in the NE up Callan Lane.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      It said another .5" yesterday.

Comment

I got a report that it washed out the water gaps on upper Treadwell Lane. High water coming off the Rocking Chair and the Crowbar Ranches. I heard that they had a 3 1/2" rain where the ground was already soaked. My oldest son has cattle on a ranch adjacent to the Crowbar and he said that all the tanks and spreader dams were full before the rain.
                        Adios,
                        gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                          I got a report that it washed out the water gaps on upper Treadwell Lane. High water coming off the Rocking Chair and the Crowbar Ranches. I heard that they had a 3 1/2" rain where the ground was already soaked. My oldest son has cattle on a ranch adjacent to the Crowbar and he said that all the tanks and spreader dams were full before the rain.
                          Adios,
                          gary
                          Wow that is good for that country... We are 10 miles out of Brady on 190 and all of the heavy stuff has missed us to the west.. Our big stock tank went dry 2 years ago and is still dry for the first time in 23 years.. We need run off like that BAD!!!!!!!

Comment

The ground is saturated over most of the county. If we should get a really hard 3" rain, could give us a much needed rise on the river. We have not had a good rise to wash off the sediment in a couple of years.
                            Adios,
                            gary

Comment

Has been sprinkling off and on since yesterday afternoon. A really hard rain fell 5-10 miles east of Menard yesterday afternoon. Everything is greening up, unfortunately too late to improve antler quality as they are not far from rubbing.
                              Adios,
                              gary

Comment

Went yesterday to feed and our place looks like it’s April. It is amazing how real rain makes a place just thrive. I am still not seeing very many acorns, which is weird. Last year we had none and I was thinking they would come back with a vengeance this year. I know the deer would welcome that. Activity was slow once the place began to green back up per the cameras. Stopped at the new place to eat and it was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X