No announcement yet.

Tinnitus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had tinnitus for several years following too much unprotected hearing behind my 300 Win Mag as well of years of bird hunting with no hearing protection.

Mine is mostly my left ear and is continuous but does get worse with stress.

Audiologist said I have significant hearing loss and my brain is trying to hear the high pitched frequencies but it can’t, so it creates the ringing to mimic the sound frequencies that are lost.

I’ve had hearing aids (Oticon) for 2 years now. They definitely help when I’m wearing them, but the ringing is still continuous when I’m not.

I can tune it out at times and then there are times when I can’t ignore it.

Definitely go to a good audiologist (AuD Doctor of Audiology) to have your hearing tested.

Hearing loss is closely linked to demensia as you age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyCards2006 View Post
      Left ear, off and on for about 3 years, 24/7 last year. I wear as much hearing protection as I can now, want to save what I have left.
      This is what I do. Bird hunting now where I didn't. Chain Saw, mowing, grinding etc

I did try a pill from gnc or maybe Amazon. Didn't work

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It gets louder when I think about it, or read a post about it.

Comment

Born with tinnitus. Mom always thought I was just ignoring her when I was a kid. Now I also have significant hearing loss from flying airplanes, shooting and a rock concert or 20. Constant ring 24/7. Gets worse and changes pitches when I drink. I've been tested for hearing aids that basically emit a signal that is the exact opposite of the ringing I have, but they haven't worked yet. Bet I'll still hear the ringing in my ears when I'm 6 feet under.

Comment

Working...
          X