No announcement yet.

Yesterday was not good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Eagle after 46 years. You deserve to go enjoy coffee on your porch every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Hang in there Randy, something will turn up. If not, somebody on here gave me a good idea about selling Feet pictures on the interwebs. You might look into that.

I feel bad because I think I jinxed everyone with the AC problems . Seems like everyone started having problems right after I did.

I deserve my royalties on the suggestion. Sir...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
        Golden Eagle after 46 years. You deserve to go enjoy coffee on your porch every morning.
        Now that we got the a/c fixed, I can get to figuring out what to do about the job situation. I wish I had more saved back, but some things happened several years ago that killed my 401k and I never recovered from it. I've got to get my ducks in a row and see what I can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Now that we got the a/c fixed, I can get to figuring out what to do about the job situation. I wish I had more saved back, but some things happened several years ago that killed my 401k and I never recovered from it. I've got to get my ducks in a row and see what I can do.
          When you get your severance, place it into your savings. Won't make anything much but it won't be readily available. Take your pension and SS then maybe get a part time job. You'll be fine.

I was going to retire in Feb but that's on hold for sure now. I'll ride this job till they send me home or carry me out...

Comment

Have you thought about teaching the next generation how to machine?

I know there is a shortage in all trades, with your vast knowledge and experience, would be good to pass it down.

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
              When you get your severance, place it into your savings. Won't make anything much but it won't be readily available. Take your pension and SS then maybe get a part time job. You'll be fine.

I was going to retire in Feb but that's on hold for sure now. I'll ride this job till they send me home or carry me out...
              I'm thinking about rolling my pension into an IRA I already have to keep it from affecting my SS payout. What I have in my existing IRA is pension from when I left in '99.Put severance in savings. But, I'm not doing anything until I talk to my financial advisor.
              Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              Have you thought about teaching the next generation how to machine?

I know there is a shortage in all trades, with your vast knowledge and experience, would be good to pass it down.
              From what we've seen over the years is, its not a shortage of places to learn, it's a shortage of people wanting to learn. Machining is slowly becoming a dying trade.

Comment

Dang, hate to hear the troubles, at least you have the ac thing handled. Sounds like they are trying to do yall right at least. Hoping you get lucky and they extend it out a year or two.

Comment

Working...
                X