Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Minimum amount of land?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
    I “Only thing missing is the stock tank. Sure wish I had that.

All this to say the perfect amount of land is every bit that you can afford. God quit making more after his third day of creating.

I have 17 here around the house. Just about perfect for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      Any luck in your search?
      We are actually closing on 4ac tomorrow. Not even remotely close to what we want, but that's the only option (in the immediate area) that had some features and was in our budget.

Subdivided farmland is getting 60-75k/acre now up here.. it's disgusting and asinine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        Last I looked there was No minimum acerage for a wildlife exemption
        True, just check with the county you are looking to buy in. They have the exemptions for just birds also. Look for anything to make it work for you. We all know we always want more, but you have to enjoy life too. You can get more than you want to or can take care of. Get what makes you happy and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          I have had 10ac since 1999. Was fine until a guy bought about 8ac next to me, then last year the property on the other side sold. They have cleared some, and plan on building a house. It sure makes mine feel like it shrank. The new 249 toll way is almost done, about maybe 3-4mi away and its getting crowded here quick. So, as others have said, it depends on neighborhoods etc

I have been looking/thinking about at least 160ac, but in Texas its way out of my price range.

For me, right now, 160ac min. And I do mean minimum. Ride around 160ac for a bit and it really isnt that much.

If money wasn't an issue, I would own many thousands of acres, and be as far away from neighbors as possible.

As far as maintenance, other than fences if you have cows, you dont have to maintain it all. I only mow the back part of my property once or twice a year. A parklike setting does nothing for me. I like it wild.
          So true, when you are ready for some socializing you can invite someone over or go into town. Sometimes being around lots of people is just overrated. Yeah, I'm a real party goer, LOL I like to pick who I am around. Twenty seven years as LEO kinda jaded me. To each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
            We are actually closing on 4ac tomorrow. Not even remotely close to what we want, but that's the only option (in the immediate area) that had some features and was in our budget.

Subdivided farmland is getting 60-75k/acre now up here.. it's disgusting and asinine.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
            Congrats! At least you have room to breath. Hope it works out well.

Comment

Working...
            X