No announcement yet.

What’s Eating my Catfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A floating otter set with a 330 conibear works well if it’s a pond that there’s any chance of kids or dogs being around. If you haven’t messed around with these traps before, be certain you have a couple big HVAC zip ties handy if you somehow get a hand stuck.
    Here’s a great tutorial on a floating otter set-
    This is an updated verison of the first otter pipe I made. 8" corrugated pipe and 220 RBG. Materials you will need: 3' piece of 8" corrugated pipe Two pool noodles roughly 4" wide cut to 2' long Two pieces of 4" PVC pipe cut 2' long Four 4" PVC...

Comment

It's time to use that thermal for otters instead of pigs. I've had a few in my pond several years ago and blasted them with trusty 12.

Comment

Low oxygen level, big catfish die first

Comment

Otters.
          We seen a mama and 4 kits Saturday morning in a pond not far from Bryan

Comment

First guess was otter, see I am not the only one

Comment

Might have a homeless Cajun living in the woods nearby. They usually eat the heads too

Comment

I bet it just died , of who know what and floated over to the bank, then something ate on it.

Comment

Both fish were on the dam side of my pond.
                  Plan is to mount my camera this afternoon viewing the dam portion
                  Stay tuned

Comment

Otter. I saw one in the neighbor's pond a few weeks ago, right at dusk. He was ecstatic, as he's never seen one.

One got hit by a car near my house a year or so ago... **** thing had to weigh 40 pounds. He was huge.

Comment

How big of a pond? With temps rising, if it has too many fish in it low oxygen will kill the large cats first and maybe it was just found by a coon on the edge??

Comment

Originally posted by TKRanch View Post
                        How big of a pond? With temps rising, if it has too many fish in it low oxygen will kill the large cats first and maybe it was just found by a coon on the edge??
                        1/3-1/2 acre
                        They seem active & healthy when I feed in the evenings with the floating catfish food
                        I have not seen any floaters nor has my son as he is around the pond fishing off & on

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Fangman View Post
                          I bet it just died , of who knows what and floated over to the bank, then something ate on it.
                          ^^ This. Otters are innocent until proven guilty.

Comment

I don’t think it was an Otter

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              Stay tuned
                              Will be fun to watch. They’re cute but destructive.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                                Stay tuned
                                Sounds like a dam otter then....

Comment

Working...
                                X