Tuna out of Venice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
    Have you fished with Capt. Mike? We fished with him a couple years ago and goose egged both days. Never again.
    Same here 2 years ago goose egged. Rebooked and caught 2 last year. Wont do that again. But you hear him on the radio saying they are catching every day.
    Last edited by rut-ro; 06-22-2022, 10:04 AM.

Comment

We went with Voodoo a few years ago and caught 2 blackfin the size of footballs. Tried for swords and tuna at a drilling ship, but no dice. The head guide was racing another boat out on the river in a friendly competition and all I could see was dollar signs climbing at a high rate of speed…

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
        We just got back yesterday from fishing with Mexican Gulf Fishing Co. Had 6 people and trip was 2300 plus almost 2000 in fuel, then plus tip. Ended up about 850-900 per person. Had a blast but dirty water is way out. Had to run 85 miles out. Fuel was 5.75 a gallon I believe at the marina. Those Freeman’s are bad ***** boats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Hendo, who was your guide? We fished with MGFC last October. They had the drags so loose on their reels, we lost three Tuna's. Did y'all experience any issues? I don't think I will use them again.

Comment

Kevin Beach a co-owner. Nick05 booked it. We only lost one and it broke off.

Comment

Kevin Beach a co-owner. Nick05 booked it. We only lost one and it broke off.

We were with Beach on that trip. Third time with him actually. Did you have any issues with the way he had the drags set?

Comment

I wouldn’t know it was my first time but my buddy I went with thought they were a little loose?

Comment

Originally posted by SaintBlaise View Post
                We were with Beach on that trip. Third time with him actually. Did you have any issues with the way he had the drags set?

Who are you thinking of going with?

Comment

Who are you thinking of going with?

Not sure who we will use next time. I saw this outfitter at the same marina. https://www.deepsouthcharters.com/index.html Probably going to wait out this high gas price, so probably not this year.

Comment

We are going the 4th weekend of July with Louisiana Bluewater Charters. 8 of us going. One day inshore fishing and one day offshore. We’ll have 2 boats each day. Lodging, boats, and fuel will be about 10k.

Comment

Originally posted by DedDuk View Post
                      Yall are cheapskates. I fly out to the boat, stay for a few weeks, catch tuna and fly back in .
                      Yeah, but your are limited to what you can fly back.

Comment

Working...
                      X