No announcement yet.

Help Catch a Thief - Plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does the female know to look for a $20,000 directional drill locating system on offerup? As ws mentioned earlier, sounds like a set up buy, then steal to produce the goods. She sounds like a go between for the buyer & thief.

Comment

Well this thread was awesome! Just read through the whole thing. Great job TBH

Comment

This was a great thread and what TBH is all about.
        Last edited by Slaunch; 06-16-2022, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Nice job to all involved! Glad the good guys got the win!!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            How does the female know to look for a $20,000 directional drill locating system on offerup? As ws mentioned earlier, sounds like a set up buy, then steal to produce the goods. She sounds like a go between for the buyer & thief.

She will turn out to be the wife/sister/cousin..

The business name will fold up and go away, and the players will be back in business within the week.

This is the way it goes….more help coming across the border to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As we speak, that outfit is already in contact with someone in Houston, or Austin, or SA, or OKC, and they’ll have another unit by Monday or sooner.

Her cell phone # won’t work tomorrow because that was a trash phone anywa, hell, they don’t even know her real name. She wasn’t arrested, so they don’t even have her prints. They’ll find a different rig than the Acadia, put another set of stolen plates (temporary, or otherwise) on it, and be right back in business. It’ll be a different wife/cousin/sister set up to play dumb, or take the fall. Thats how this works, they’ve been doing it for years, and no one will lock them up.

No one even got a ticket for this yet, and only the “seller” is likely to. It will keep going on as it always has, and people will continue to be stolen from, because why not??

Thieves have no regard for other peoples property, and why should they (outside of some level of pride), there are no consequences…

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                As we speak, that outfit is already in contact with someone in Houston, or Austin, or SA, or OKC, and they’ll have another unit by Monday or sooner.

Her cell phone # won’t work tomorrow because that was a trash phone anywa, hell, they don’t even know her real name. She wasn’t arrested, so they don’t even have her prints. They’ll find a different rig than the Acadia, put another set of stolen plates (temporary, or otherwise) on it, and be right back in business. It’ll be a different wife/cousin/sister set up to play dumb, or take the fall. Thats how this works, they’ve been doing it for years, and no one will lock them up.

No one even got a ticket for this yet, and only the “seller” is likely to. It will keep going on as it always has, and people will continue to be stolen from, because why not??

Thieves have no regard for other peoples property, and why should they (outside of some level of pride), there are no consequences…

100% spot on Dale!

Comment

Huge thanks to those that reached out. We'll see what HPD is able to do on their end.

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  How does the female know to look for a $20,000 directional drill locating system on offerup?
                  Even knowing exactly what to look for, the ad was hard to find.

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                  Does the tracker software offer historical location data? There might be clues in that data.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                  Typically just pings every 12 hours for battery life purposes. It doesnt start pinging every 60 secs (recovery mode) until the next 12 hr ping. So we've got a bit of a gap. Noticed it was moving North first thing yesterday morning.

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  Good job guys.

Did the lady say how much she paid? This can't be over. Please keep us updated.
                  Yes she did. About 15% of the value which implies she knew it was stolen but of course played dumb. Dale's got it figured out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                    From the outside looking in I just don’t understand why an officer can’t go to the guy that has the device IN HIS HAND in the picture and ask him where did this go? Show him the picture and let him start explaining what happened to it. But I’m not a cop.
                    That's what I've been thinking all along. He would have shriveled up and dropped the locator as soon as someone asked him where he got it. Even if someone is arrested, which I don't think will happen, LE won't follow through with it.

Comment

Wild thread, following for some juicy mug shots. Nice job to all involved and good luck on getting some scum off the streets.

Comment

All I know is that I need this thread to blow up again and become active with a hard target search for something or someone or I’m gonna have to work my azz off to catch up on what I should have been doing yesterday instead of eating popcorn all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                          All I know is that I need this thread to blow up again and become active with a hard target search for something or someone or I’m gonna have to work my azz off to catch up on what I should have been doing yesterday instead of eating popcorn all day.
                          Get back in that kitchen and get busy, Saturday's coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Death2Tyrants View Post
                            That's what I've been thinking all along. He would have shriveled up and dropped the locator as soon as someone asked him where he got it. Even if someone is arrested, which I don't think will happen, LE won't follow through with it.
                            Ohhh ye of little faith and much pessimism

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                              Get back in that kitchen and get busy, Saturday's coming!
                              24 gallons of Gumbo to make this morning because I sat on my butt and PERSONALLY solved that horrible crime yesterday.

Comment

This was a great follow. Happy to hear you got your gear back and no surprise a guy like Agdog jumped right in the middle of this to help a brother out. I don't know Jer_james like I do Agdog but solid effort on his part as well.

We need a separate forum to store things like this away. This is a great example of the community here.

Comment

Working...
                                X