Graboski taxidermy CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtp View Post
    One thing y’all might consider in the future is to not leave your antlers with the taxi. Go back and pick them up a day or two after you take your head in. He can call you when he is ready to do your mount. Too many bad stories of taxis losing them, going out of business, or even burning down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how I’ve done it. It’s nice to have the antlers as well. Show family and friends

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      One thing y’all might consider in the future is to not leave your antlers with the taxi. Go back and pick them up a day or two after you take your head in. He can call you when he is ready to do your mount. Too many bad stories of taxis losing them, going out of business, or even burning down.

I have never really considered this but may pose the question to the Taxidermist I use. He is extremely busy and does extremely good work. I have never had any extreme issues from Taxidermist I have used. You have some good points. Concerning some other posts here.....Covid and the freeze did cause issues for Taxidermists in gaining the needed supplies. Getting a mount back from a larger shop in 6-7 months is practically unheard of and I understand why. I expect over a year with no questions asked just by looking at their load of business. I am also perplexed at the number of completed mounts that sit at the Taxidermist for years. The person I use knows that when he calls me.....I will be there within a week or two to pick it up. If I had extra cash I could spend I would love to purchase some of the mounts that have been sitting. I would love to see a yard sale at a large Taxidermy.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
          I have to say I have never had any issue with any of my taxidermists. Doesn’t matter if it’s the guy working out of a full blown shop or the guy who did my last mount that works out of his garage (hi Joe ). I have always gotten great mounts and had good communication. Just do your homework
          Hey Austin !

Comment

WOW!! This is crazy. Hate to hear horror stories like this. I'm fortunate enough to have a taxi that completes our animals promptly. Most of the time if we have a trophy shot in the beginning of deer season it will be back before season is over and can take it to camp to show of to the fellas. Puts out a top notch product as well.

Wallace Taxidermy
            La Grange, TX

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                [ Granted he only takes in what he knows he can handle.

Nailed it- this is a major problem IMO! It shouldn’t take more than 6 or 7 months to get a mount back! If it takes longer they have taken in more than they can handle.
                And if the tannery takes 8-10 months to tan the capes, then what? Does it still mean he took in more than he can handle? Or if he tells customers it’s gonna be over a year, does that mean he took in more than he can handle?

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  And if the tannery takes 8-10 months to tan the capes, then what? Does it still mean he took in more than he can handle? Or if he tells customers it’s gonna be over a year, does that mean he took in more than he can handle?
                  Completely understand where you’re going. Have a few great friends that are taxidermist and seems the tannery is always where the bottleneck is.

I’m fine with them if it takes two years, as long as the communication line is open.

Comment

Tanneries are just now catching up from 19/20 season in a lot of cases. Now, good luck with getting the supplies to mount them. I’m still waiting on some forms I ordered over 10 weeks ago. Eyes, hangers even certain plasters and materials are no longer available and or hard to find.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                      Tanneries are just now catching up from 19/20 season in a lot of cases. Now, good luck with getting the supplies to mount them. I’m still waiting on some forms I ordered over 10 weeks ago. Eyes, hangers even certain plasters and materials are no longer available and or hard to find.

That’s understandable, but answer the phone

Comment

Everyone has my cell number. If I’m answering the landline every ten minutes I’m not getting anything done. We don’t have a secretary so when we are working in the back the phone gets answered when we are near it. I know we are mounting six days a week and still aren’t caught up yet. The whole industry is having labor and supply issues. I don’t know your guys situation but it is tough right now to deal with all the hoops you have to jump through to turn out a product.
                        Last edited by Hills of Texas; 07-06-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hills of Texas View Post
                          What’s the hood up with all the supplies ? No trucks ? Petroleum issues? A lot of new taxis ? Just curious

Comment

I have an awesome taxi that I’ve used basically since I started hunting 24 years ago. He’s not fast and has some major projects he gets caught up with for some customers but he’s always said he wasn’t ever fast but he does solid work.

Comment

He was supposed to show up for a meeting with 10-12 guys that took him to court and he was a no show last week.

I have my Wildebeest from 2018 and am trying ti get my cape and horns back and forget about the deposit (650) but it’s total bull ****! Talked to his wife about 3 months ago and now even she don’t answer calls.. webt by show and no one was there !

My buddy has 4 animals there also with a deposit of over 1500.00 and he also has no luck in contacting him…

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                                What’s the hood up with all the supplies ? No trucks ? Petroleum issues? A lot of new taxis ? Just curious

The supply chain issues, they are real

Comment

Working...
                                X