Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Yellowstone closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mother nature can sometimes be beautiful and can sometimes be a cruel mistress. Wishing well to all the affected especially the locals.

Comment

Not sounding good for those with vacation plans in Yellowstone this summer.
      What a shame on the 150th yr for the park.

Comment

My wife showed me video of the flooding the other day...so sad to see the damage

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
        Originally posted by rjs68 View Post
        We we’re staying in Gardiner all week while visiting YNP, we took that washed out road everyday. We just left yesterday and we’re spending a couple of days in Emigrant with friends but has to leave in a hurry from their place to get across the Yellowstone river , sounds like we got out just in time over the Pine Creek rd crossing. Beautiful place , the last time I was their we left about a week before the 88 fires started.
        For the love of God please stop going to Yellowstone
        Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        Not sounding good for those with vacation plans in Yellowstone this summer.
        What a shame on the 150th yr for the park.

https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/220613.htm
        Man, that sucks...hate seeing the devastation on the 150th anniversary

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
          Any of the runoff go into Lake Mead?

No, it flows north towards the Missouri and eventually the Gulf if Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sgtau44 View Post
            We have a trip scheduled for early October and staying just outside of the north entrance I think. Judging by the videos I’ve seen of the road, I’m not sure that we will be able to get in there by then. That’s a lot of road to fix.

They’re saying the park may be clised indefinitely, and if it opens at all it will be thru the west and south entrances.

Comment

This is sad to see, and I pray everyone got out safely. We canceled our trip in late October. We were staying in Emigrant, and was our first trip to MT. and YNP.

Comment

Tons of YouTube videos. It is bad and will take years to repair the roads and other infrastructure.

Comment

Red Lodge, at the east end of Bear Tooth Parkway, got hammered also from the floods.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                    This is sad to see, and I pray everyone got out safely. We canceled our trip in late October. We were staying in Emigrant, and was our first trip to MT. and YNP.

Just Go somewhere further West. The Bitterroot valley is absolutely incredible in the fall. As is the entire Western part of the state. Or just go say hi to Bill. Lots to see and do other than YNP.

I think we are going to jump in the car and drive up in a few weeks.
                    Last edited by Clay C; 06-17-2022, 06:43 AM.

Comment

South loop may open next week. Reservations or timed entry will be in effect.
                      The Park is working with gateway communities to help with lodging and resources for visitors.

Anyone that would like to help the park can donate here: https://forever.yellowstone.org/give...ation/checkout

Comment

I don’t know how Glacier NP up north fared in the storm, but it’s sure beautiful.

You can generally see buffalo on Ted Turner’s Snowcrest Ranch near me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                          I don’t know how Glacier NP up north fared in the storm, but it’s sure beautiful.

Glacier just got quite a bit more snow during that last storm that increased avalanche concerns with the upcoming higher temps. It’s going to be quite a while before Going to The Sun Road is opened. If they have some avalanches take out any infrastructure or road borders, it could be closed the rest of the summer.

Comment

Working...
                          X