Lake Travis access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
    It’s only gonna get worse. First mead, then Powell then Travis and Buchannan. Mark my words. A hurricane is the only thing that will save Travis now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    5ish years ago it was MUCH lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Bh_liberty View Post
      It’s only gonna get worse. First mead, then Powell then Travis and Buchannan. Mark my words. A hurricane is the only thing that will save Travis now.

Na, going to be a rough summer but one good flood and we’re back.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
        Na, going to be a rough summer but one good flood and we’re back.

I hope your right. I’m tired of not being able to fish the upper end of Travis. Lot more people using water in Austin than there used to be. I just don’t know how much it can stand. But I also remember the floods that filled it back up overnight. Sorry for de railing your thread op.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
          Had another guy tell me that same thing a week or two ago. I’ll definitely have to go check that out.
          We used to launch at dink all the time until they closed it during covid. Bunch of BS. Since then it hasn't reopened but now their is a dock company that has set up shop there and is building docks on the bank. Funny how they can continue to use it to make money but it's still closed to the rest of us. Thought it was an LCRA park....

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
            We used to launch at dink all the time until they closed it during covid. Bunch of BS. Since then it hasn't reopened but now their is a dock company that has set up shop there and is building docks on the bank. Funny how they can continue to use it to make money but it's still closed to the rest of us. Thought it was an LCRA park....
            By “closed” do you mean a chain or cable across the road making it impassable? Or is it some cones, sawhorses, ect that are easily moved? Asking for a friend…

Comment

Only gonna get worse with more people & wanting pretty green grass.

Comment

The only public ramp open up near Spicewood is Tournament Point at Pace Bend. After that, you're probably SOL.

Comment

Ya I know the ramps at both Pace Bend parks are open. I'm hoping to find something on the north side of the lake. It's a pretty far drive for me to get to those south side ramps. There are some pretty decent looking private ramps on the north side...just need the access.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                    By “closed” do you mean a chain or cable across the road making it impassable? Or is it some cones, sawhorses, ect that are easily moved? Asking for a friend…

Last time we went there was rocks across most of it and a chain across the rest. We thought about going around but didn't want that ticket. Let me know if your friend tries it!

Comment

Working...
                    X