Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    For those of you going public, do not discount September when season opens. They are on a hard feed pattern and go from A to B like on a cattle trail. Be prepared for a very early shot in the morning or late shot in the evening. Those big boys go to be early and get up late.
    This is true just remember your Thermacell.

Comment

Originally posted by kerrbow View Post
      I have hunted Kansas for the last 15 out of 16 years. I have never done an all day sit during that time. Last year was the latest I have ever hunted before rifle season and it was a revelation to me how many good bucks i saw. My son shot his large non-typical at 1230pm over a decoy(buck and a doe). I killed my avatar buck over a decoy as well. Decoy hunting is the most exciting way to hunt big whitetails in my opinion.
      Thats a hammer can I agree I have rattled in the big ones I have shot and hunted with decoys a lot it works like a charm...best of luck we are headed up in November will be my sons first trip and my 21st

Comment

I have hunted Kansas for the last 15 out of 16 years. I have never done an all day sit during that time. Last year was the latest I have ever hunted before rifle season and it was a revelation to me how many good bucks i saw. My son shot his large non-typical at 1230pm over a decoy(buck and a doe). I killed my avatar buck over a decoy as well. Decoy hunting is the most exciting way to hunt big whitetails in my opinion.
        Yea all day sits a must, I have seen the biggest deer between 11:00 and 3:00, Plus I'm so far back it's more of a PITA to leave and come back.

Comment

Man that is one hell of a buck. Congrats to your son. I would have shot him again after he stopped kicking.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Man that is one hell of a buck. Congrats to your son. I would have shot him again after he stopped kicking.
            Thanks. What I conveniently failed to mention was his father(me) just so happened to miss the same deer at 1030am two hours earlier at 31 yds. He was chasing a doe and she took off just as I shot and he whirled to follow her. He never knew I was there. My son was in another location and I texted him I was bailing to go eat lunch. He said he would put the dekes out just in case he came back. He did without the doe and the dekes brought him to 20 yds.

Comment

Working...
            X