Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolest Chick Ever

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
    60, Mr. Kevin??? Daaaannnngggg!!! That’s a great gift, I hope you catch them till your arms fall off

He’s old. It will only take one until his arms fall off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
        The coolest chick ever, Mary, just bought me a Costa Rica based marlin fishing trip for my next birthday. So, I will turn 60 offshore of Costa Rica chasing marlin on March 6, 2023. This is so substantial for me that I almost forgot to mention the Roosterfish chasing inshore on the 7th.

I have dreamed of catching a marlin since I was in elementary school. Looking at my dad's Outdoor Life and Sports Afield magazines and seeing the pictures of them, and watching them tail walk on TV on Saturday mornings was the coolest thing in the world to me. It was also completely foreign to me. This is something other people do.

So, while I am in no giant hurry to get to my next round number birthday, it is going to be pretty tough to sit still and wait for it. I might oughta start lifting some weights or something to get myself ready!

My wife is the best!
        Yep, that's definitely worth bragging about. I would love to go on both of those trips.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Waiiit Wait.......you are married to Mary? We had no idea!... ...)
          First I’ve heard of it. . Apparently she likes much, much
          older men.

Cool trip!

Comment

in for the pics
            good luck

Comment

Congrats! Costa Rica is a special place. Hope it’s a great trip!

Comment

Congrats on the gift and marrying a woman 20+ years younger than you!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  First I’ve heard of it. . Apparently she likes much, much
                  older men.

Cool trip!

MUCH older

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post

MUCH older

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. His personality must be off the charts landing a 29 yo… [emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post
                      Kevin we all know she's gonna catch more and bigger marlin than you will.
                      See, here is the question not yet addressed. Knowing how much Mary loves fishing, is she going and fishing also? Maybe Kevin's winning personality is only part of this equation!?!?[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations sounds like an AWESOME trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. His personality must be off the charts landing a 29 yo… [emoji12][emoji23]
                          Well, of course I do.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                          See, here is the question not yet addressed. Knowing how much Mary loves fishing, is she going and fishing also? Maybe Kevin's winning personality is only part of this equation!?!?[emoji16]
                          And of course she is. She is one hellova fisher person. It's a competition every time out, but I can hold my own. And we have a blast!

Comment

One awesome gift! Congrats and enjoy!

Comment

And, we are back. What a trip it was. My wife is truly the very best. Today is our first day back at work and it is hard to get going. 40 bazillion emails need to read and addressed and I find myself clicking on them, but not reading them.

Costa Rica is amazing and we had a blast. We filled up our week and were busy, but so relaxed I had to check my own pulse. The fishing was not very good due to the time of the year, and due to the full moon, but we were successful none the less.

Mary and I each caught a nice Roosterfish, and yes, hers was considerably bigger than mine. Mine was a 35" fish and hers was a 41" fish. We also caught a jackfish and a needlefish.

Our marlin trip got moved from Monday to Wednesday due to a boat breaking. They told us at the dock that the marlin fishing was very slow and asked us whether we'd like to chase something that we'd have a better chance of a guarantee, and I still chose marlin.

First fish a good mahi mahi off of a floating tree branch. The next fish we hooked up with a marlin and I fought him for about 5 minutes before he broke the line and got off. Apparently he threw a loop in the line and popped it when he came up head shaking. I was told it happens. We then caught two more mahi mahi, each was very respectable.

Then we hooked up with the marlin I had dreamed about. I fought him for an hour. We got him to the leader five times before we could get pics. He'd run each time he saw the boat. Man it was like having my line hooked to the bumper of a city bus. When he decided to go the other way all I could do was hold on and watch the spool empty. He was a 110" 400 lb. Black Marlin.

The captain says that the black is the more difficult of the four species. I don't know about that, but I was spent. Absolutely spent. Until the sailfish hit and it was on again. He came off pretty quickly though. Man was that fun.

Pics to follow!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X