No announcement yet.

Selling Land Without Realtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can do it yourself, but a real estate professional will probably more than earn there commission.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bill M;16253290]Not sure what this has to do with my statement to the OP. Sounds like you had it going on. He said his friend would do it as a friend for -0- and I stated as her friend he should pay her something, that's it. My opinion for what it may be worth.

I was trying to agree that he should pay her something like we did the niece. But we paid a flat fee. Sorry to confuse the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
        "Which is" pretty much everything you are asking about. Man I get it. Not knocking you. Every seller wants to maximize their $$. And every buyer wants to pay as little as possible. There is some good advice on here and some that is not so good. Generally speaking, a Realtor will get you more $$ than you will get as a FSBO. And having someone represent YOUR interests is a good thing. Some see the value, some don't. There can be a lot of moving parts to a real estate transaction. Some are fairly easy, some are not. Hopefully yours goes smoothly. But I'd pay your friend something for helping you.
        Honest question- how does a realtor get more money than someone doing FSBO?

Comment

Didn’t say I wasn’t going to give her a kick back guys. My moral compass is stronger than that. We’ve already worked together when she represented me as a buyer for the property and made the same agreement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by techzan View Post
            Honest question- how does a realtor get more money than someone doing FSBO?

Properly price the property and will get it in front of the right buyer to get you full price offers. Instead of getting low balls and not knowing any better so you accept it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I placed an ad on Facebook for sale by owner had multiple full price offers in a week. Had to take down the ad due to too many responses. Sold it with no realtor and had title company do all the work. I have never used or paid a realtor. No need to especially in this market. The neighbors could not believe how much I got cash offer too!

Comment

My advise as a professional land broker with 14 years expericance…..unless you have done a few prior land deals, don’t buy or sell without a experienced agent or broker.

So many things to go over, a title company isn’t gonna have anyones interests in mind and it’s not their job to. At the very least have an attorney go over everything prior to signing.

Just because you can close a deal with no agents does not mean it was done the right way, and mistakes can cost you both financially and in time and mental anguish.

Comment

Working...
                X