No announcement yet.

Africa shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got mine couple months ago and with shipping and all the fees on both sides of the shipment I was closer to 3k, seven skulls, three capes and three back hides. I hear it continues to go up, that being said can’t wait to go back, goin 2025

Comment

I think shipping alone right now will run you $2,500 +-. Not sure what your shoulder mount is and how much room it will take up in the crate.

HERE'S where they have been sucker punching us lately. USFW is backed up clearing things and now the airlines who used to give 3 day storage grace waiting for USFW to take custody of the crate are now charging storage fees immediately $100-$300 per day Not a dang thing you can do about it but eat it and pray it doesn't get stuck there too long.

Comment

My biggest issue is airfair. Any pointers?

Comment

Why doesn’t a guide service give their clients some idea what to expect before they even head over there?

Comment

Originally posted by bigskinny View Post
            Just got mine couple months ago and with shipping and all the fees on both sides of the shipment I was closer to 3k, seven skulls, three capes and three back hides. I hear it continues to go up, that being said can’t wait to go back, goin 2025
            Does this include dipping and packing?

Comment

My crate was just delivered a couple months ago from South Africa. I had the taxidermy done there. $5,090 for air freight and $810 for customs fees etc here. It is a huge crate, 205 kilos. It had two zebra rugs, wildebeest rug, wildebeest skull, eland skull, two impala skulls, buff skull, buff shoulder mount, gemsbok skull, gemsbok shoulder mount, backskins and leather from all animals.

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                I think shipping alone right now will run you $2,500 +-. Not sure what your shoulder mount is and how much room it will take up in the crate.

HERE'S where they have been sucker punching us lately. USFW is backed up clearing things and now the airlines who used to give 3 day storage grace waiting for USFW to take custody of the crate are now charging storage fees immediately $100-$300 per day Not a dang thing you can do about it but eat it and pray it doesn't get stuck there too long.
                Just a Impala shoulder, blue wildebeest, springbok, blesbok skulls, springbok hide

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                  My crate was just delivered a couple months ago from South Africa. I had the taxidermy done there. $5,090 for air freight and $810 for customs fees etc here. It is a huge crate, 205 kilos. It had two zebra rugs, wildebeest rug, wildebeest skull, eland skull, two impala skulls, buff skull, buff shoulder mount, gemsbok skull, gemsbok shoulder mount, backskins and leather from all animals.
                  If they tell me 5k they can have it

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                    My biggest issue is airfair. Any pointers?
                    I went delta. $1300 round trip without upgrades

I’ll pm you my number if you wanna get more details of what we did

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                      This is much closer to the prices I have been hearing.

Comment

Unless t has changed, shipping is done by volume, not weght. Waiting on mine as we speak. Cape, Sable, Roan and Zebra.
                        4th trip over and planning again in 2024!

No place in the world can you see the number of animals nor the number of different species. The last morning I sat at a waterhole in Sept, we saw ver 200 animal with 13 different species in those 200 animals.

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
                          If they tell me 5k they can have it
                          Shouldn’t one know these costs before going on a killing spree?

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                            To be fair, couldn’t pass this opportunity up and only shot 4 critters

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                              To be fair, couldn’t pass this opportunity up and only shot 4 critters. I knew it would be expensive, but not that expensive

Comment

Africa shipping

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                                Unless t has changed, shipping is done by volume, not weght. Waiting on mine as we speak. Cape, Sable, Roan and Zebra.
                                4th trip over and planning again in 2024!

No place in the world can you see the number of animals nor the number of different species. The last morning I sat at a waterhole in Sept, we saw ver 200 animal with 13 different species in those 200 animals.

I bet you are right. Our crate was only 4’x4’x18”. I’d imagine you pay more in shipping if you are shipping back the mounts. We had ours mounted here in the states.

I went back and checked and we were charged by weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                                Last edited by Stolle; 06-09-2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X