McConaughey on Fox right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
    I fully believe the reason we do not have better security at our schools is because the districts are afraid if they take on that responsibility and a shooting happens then they will be held responsible.

It’s not about the children it’s about the money.
    I don’t know how that is possible because they are responsible to an extent.

We took no preventative measures and your child was killed. We are not responsible.

We took preventative measures however your child was killed. We are responsible.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Certainly.

It would also fit under arson.
      Wow. And you can buy anytime you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        Wow. And you can buy anytime you want it.
        I think the fact that it is harmless when separated that makes it legal in the shelf.

After that……

Comment

She nailed it here. Well stated. The government can't be trusted with ANYTHING. Literally everything they do is corrupt. The last thing we need to do is give up our rights to self defense and trust the government to make us safer. That's insanity.

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
          Why can't we buy hand grenade's? Just wondering.

Another thing I often ponder is, did folks in 1776 even imagine a semi-auto, large mag gun?

Just things I reflect on occasionally as I try to put context on things.
          If the founding fathers had been able to know about modern firearms, do you think they'd want the government to have the best weapons while citizens were prevented from having them? I'll guarantee you that wouldn't have been their wishes. See below.....

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
          "For those who do not understand the meaning of 'Rights', we need to make
          it clear once and for all:

The 2nd Amendment does not apply to semi-auto rifles, nor does it apply to bolt action rifles, pistols, or revolvers. The 2nd Amendment RESTRICTS GOVERNMENT.
          The technology of the firearm is irrelevant. The restrictions on government remain the same, regardless of the firearm. The Second Amendment was
          not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms, period.
          The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This also applies to the other 'Rights'. They are not granted, they stipulate inherent rights that the government may not prohibit.”

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Yes but actors don’t memorize an entire script for a movie. They shoot scenes and have lines that last seconds. Name a movie where an actor speaks for 20 minutes without pause.

People can hate him, call him a no good POS and throw rotten tomatoes at him. That doesn’t have anything to do with notes to be able to remember what you’re going to say.
            Why in the hell does everyone find something that they disagree with and pounce on this website. It's so sickening that I'm starting to steer away from this site. **** sure I wouldn't want to sit and have a beer with a lot of you. Just too freaking opiniated and not willing to budge.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post
              Why in the hell does everyone find something that they disagree with and pounce on this website. It's so sickening that I'm starting to steer away from this site. **** sure I wouldn't want to sit and have a beer with a lot of you. Just too freaking opiniated and not willing to budge.
              How many TBHers do you know/have met? Having met many at Bownanza and other gatherings or doing a TBH express, I can attest that it makes a difference. I may disagree with some, and I do, but dangit! You make a strong statement, and I’ll bet you have not shook many other TBHer’s hands and gotten to know them. It makes a difference.

Comment

You know you're probably right but I'm just guessing here but I'm sure you haven't shook hands with the most opinateed ones either.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                  "For those who do not understand the meaning of 'Rights', we need to make
                  it clear once and for all:

The 2nd Amendment does not apply to semi-auto rifles, nor does it apply to bolt action rifles, pistols, or revolvers. The 2nd Amendment RESTRICTS GOVERNMENT.
                  The technology of the firearm is irrelevant. The restrictions on government remain the same, regardless of the firearm. The Second Amendment was
                  not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms, period.
                  The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

This also applies to the other 'Rights'. They are not granted, they stipulate inherent rights that the government may not prohibit.”

Im with ya brother. We need to start repealing unconstitutional gun laws.

Comment

Originally posted by Txhunter3000 View Post

Well if that's the way you feel, don't let the door hit you in the arse on your way out...

See how easy that was?

Comment

Really didn't expect that from you. I always thought you were well versed and had good opinions.

Comment

Well there you go... You see, I don't really care if you leave or not... This is a close nit family of sorts... some get along. Some don't... You leaving the site is YOUR loss, not mine or anyone else's.

You can hang around and just get in there and mix it up with whomever you wish, or you can leave and go pout about not liking what you read or saw... don't matter to anyone but you...

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          The far right is almost as bad as the left. Lol. Almost.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Who is far right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Haha pout. Not likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                              I am a Republican through and through. You ask what the Dems are giving? Hopefully, they will be giving schools increased security for one. Hopefully they will also not begin taking away "assault weapons" from law-abiding citizens, which they want to do. If they try to do that, all bets are off for me. I'm asking what you have lost. I believe we still have more rights in America than any other country in the world. I can still buy an AR-15 or AK-47, high capacity mags, a 9mm handgun...... When they pass new safety regulations for automobiles, does that increase the cost of a car? When they pass new safety laws for airplanes, does it cost more to fly? Same analogy of new gun laws costing you money. Sounds as if you are the one being a bit selfish in the "me" category. "Waiting periods have affected me, tax stamps affect me, increased prices due to restrictions, permits that cost me money". Saving innocent kids and people's lives are more important to me than restricting 18,19,20 year old's from buying certain types of weapons and magazines. Lets just agree to disagree.

Do you not see the hypocrisy in what you are saying here? You asked him specifically what has affected him, then you criticize him for it.

You sound like the typical FUDD gun owner that is in pro 2nd amendment but….there should never be a bit when it comes to infringing on Constitutionally guaranteed rights. All of them items that he listed have affected every gun owner that would like to own a machine gun. Since FOPA they are cost prohibitive for most folks. They are now a rich man’s possession; that sure doesn’t sound like American values to me.

And the examples you gave above are not rights, they are privileges. Not even comparable. We accept that restrictions come with privileges but we should never accept that over burdensome restrictions on guaranteed rights.

Our founding fathers would have never let it get to as far as it has. We are weak in comparison. Even the greatest generation is/would be disappointed after the sacrifices they made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
                                Maybe.....just maybe because that doesn't seem to be working??

Lol so we should pass more of them?

That is the definition of idiocracy and insanity. Let’s keep doing stuff that doesn’t work.

Comment

Working...
                                X