No announcement yet.

2022 NCAA Baseball Postseason Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 sec west teams so far to Omaha. Could be 4 after tonight if auburn wins. Add to that future sec schools OU and Texas both possibly making Omaha and the sec is just brutal for baseball.

Comment

No updates until after 7:30 central

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

so, Chad...will the game continue tomorrow or start over from scratch? if it goes to tomorrow

Comment

Unfortunately, I think it starts over.

They’ll try to get it in tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            so, Chad...will the game continue tomorrow or start over from scratch? if it goes to tomorrow

Jeff Howe @JeffHowe247
            2h

For those wondering, I had it confirmed to me in the press box and there won’t be a restart. The game is considered suspended and whenever it resumes, it will be Silas Ardoin up in a 1-0 count, one out with Skyler Messinger on first base and the #Longhorns owning a 4-0 lead.

Comment

That’s great news. I thought it was a wash.

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                Rebs In! SEC Stackin it up
                Kind of stacking up like a SEC Big 12 tournament…….

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post

Jeff Howe @JeffHowe247
                  2h

For those wondering, I had it confirmed to me in the press box and there won’t be a restart. The game is considered suspended and whenever it resumes, it will be Silas Ardoin up in a 1-0 count, one out with Skyler Messinger on first base and the #Longhorns owning a 4-0 lead.
                  that is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
                    3 sec west teams so far to Omaha. Could be 4 after tonight if auburn wins. Add to that future sec schools OU and Texas both possibly making Omaha and the sec is just brutal for baseball.
                    Not just Baseball.

Comment

Why would the Texas game ever be a restart? Why would that be an option?
                      Also any updates on when they will play?

Sent from my LE2127 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can someone explain to me why in the heck UNC had the middle infield back when the bases were loaded? It would’ve went right to the SS had they been playing up and he would’ve had a play at home to keep the lead.

I just don’t understand the mind set to concede the tying run in order get a double play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                          Why would the Texas game ever be a restart? Why would that be an option?
                          Also any updates on when they will play?

Because they probably ain’t got lights or electricity over there…

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                            Can someone explain to me why in the heck UNC had the middle infield back when the bases were loaded? It would’ve went right to the SS had they been playing up and he would’ve had a play at home to keep the lead.

I just don’t understand the mind set to concede the tying run in order get a double play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            With a one run lead and two in scoring position, it was probably more about preventing a grounder sneaking through for a game winning base hit. Concede the run for a double play ball, or get your out at second and still be in position for a double play ball to get out of the jam. Really a tough call with no outs and bases juiced.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                              Because they probably ain’t got lights or electricity over there…
                              I meant why would the score reset.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                                I meant why would the score reset.

Because the scorekeeper's scorebook got all wet in the rainstorm. Duh.

Comment

Working...
                                X