Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Cost to run water and electricity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer View Post
    Depends if the power line needs to cross the FM road they will need a Txdot permit to cross. Definitely will be cheaper to bring the primary overhead close to the house. Set deadend pole and overhead transformer and then go 80 to 100ft underground with the low voltage service to the meter on the house.

ONCOR will go 300ft free or $8400 allowable per SF residential structure. If the total cost to build it once you get over 300ft is $10,000 to serve the house you would be charged the difference between $8400 allowable and $10,000 total cost to build it in or $1600 cost to you as an example.
    They will want an easement for anything on private property for the power line.

Coop will be similar. Every electric company is a little different on their extension policy
    What killer said is spot on. We did the same thing to get power run to our camp at the lease. Crossed the neighboring property and had to get the owner to sign an easement.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
      Just did this in October 2021.

Electric Company, we are in a coop, that ran 1200 feet for free. I want to say it was $30/ft after that but if that's stupid wrong let me know. We only ran 900' so I didn't worry about it.

Water line cost me $6 per foot. We had to bore under a highway so needed to get TXDOT permit, wasn't hard to do. I paid $3k to bore 120' from meter to our fence, then $6 per foot from there to the house. All in about $10k.
      I forgot we are paying our electrician $2700 to trench and run about 120' of line from the meter on the pole to the house, he is also hooking up our backup generator at that time.

Comment

Leon county - $9 per foot overhead, $13 per foot underground from Houston county electric co-op.. $600 for underground pedestal meter base w/ 200 amp disconnect or a meter pole

I am having them install 380' now with an underground pedestal installed - $5200. 100' is overhead, 280' underground
        Last edited by EastTexasMan; 06-03-2022, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Fayette County $15k for water 400 ft deep well

Comment

Working...
          X