Mountain Lion in Rocksprings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mountain Lion in Rocksprings

I shared this in my DIY thread on my cabin build but thought I would share it here around the campfire.

sterday Morning (June 1 2022) I work up and checked my Cell cameras. I have 2 cameras at my feed station; one pointed to a water trough and cotton seed feeder outside my feed pen, and one in the feed pen pointed to the corn feeder, alfalfa feeder and another water trough.

To my surprise there was a Mountain Lion in the pictures!

The first picture he is hiding in the brush on the back side of the cotton seed water trough. he ran off 5 deer but one stayed behind looking at him... (pic1)

After the deer left he visited the water trough and got a drink (pic 2)

Then he went around and got in the feed pen where two porcupine were eating. you can see him stalking one of the porcupines. (pic 3)

I assume he got him because the next picture was taken outside the pen a while later, he came pack to the water trough. (pic 4)

I believe he did get a meal because today June 2, there are quite a few turkey vultures at and around my feeder.

I called the sighting in to the TPWD county biologist, surprisingly he told me that the porcupine is about 70% of the mountain lions diet in Texas.
    Attached Files

Nice one!

Comment

pretty cool

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing

Comment

Very cool set of images. Thanks for sharing

Comment

Nice. I guess they don’t eat porcupines. If that’s what I’m seeing at the feeder

Comment

Very cool. Healthy looking critter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                Nice. I guess they don’t eat porcupines. If that’s what I’m seeing at the feeder
                Man, they LOVE porcupines. She may have had a bad experience with one. :-)

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

That’s awesome

Comment

You'd think they'd have to be really hungry to eat a porcupine. On the plus side they come with built in tooth picks...

Comment

Nice young cat. They love porcupines

Comment

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cool pics

Comment

Next time you're walking in to your stand an hour before daylight and a covy of quail flushes under your feet try not to scream. Then change your draws.

Comment

Working...
                              X