Dirty sales service at Northside Ford in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    All dealerships are independently owned and operated. It was a way to keep car companies from having an absolute monopoly. Tesla got around this somehow, but for all other car companies, that is the rule.

Ford isn't hurting, or benefiting, from dealers doing what they did to you. Sorry your bad luck not knowing about what TX03RUBI posted.
    Tesla lobbied hard to change the franchise laws but made no headway whatsoever - the Texas Automobile Dealers Association is way too politically powerful. That's why you can only buy a Tesla online and have it delivered. I gotta believe the car manufacturers would like to update the way their cars are sold but it will not happen anytime soon if ever. Everything else about cars has changed but we will still buy them the same way we did 100 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
      Who would have ever thought buying a truck at MSRP would be considered a great deal?
      Oh, mine was under. But in a lot of cases, MSRP is about as good as you can find. Go shop for a brand new Tahoe, Yukon, or Tundra right now and try to find one significantly under MSRP.

I searched the entire country for my wife's Tahoe under MSRP and couldn't find one. Even though there are dealers selling Ram TRX for over 10k off.

anyway, yeah it is a crazy world we live in. Sold my boat for 5k over what I paid for it back in 2019. If I'd have been patient I probably could have gotten 5-10k more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
        Guess what

I just contacted Ford and filed a complaint. The lady took down my story and said that someone would be contacting me.

They forwarded my call to marketing and that was dissapointing. Marketing basically said that because Northside ford was an independently owned dealership that they could not do anything about it. I tried to explain in detail what they did and the lady in marketing just kept repeating that they could not do anything about it and hung up on me. I am definitley not buying a ford.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
        Move on and get you a RAM.
        Check out Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. Their prices cant be touched by anywhere close.
        I ordered my Laramie from Mak Haik in Temple last year. They stuck true to their word on price. My buddy ordered a long bed 3500 Big Horn from Mark Dodge. Our sticker prices were within a few hundred dollars of each other and he paid $12K less than I did. He flew to Lake Charles, they picked him up at the airport and he drove it home. Said it was the easiest buying experience he ever had.
        I saw someone else mention Nyle Maxwell......Heard nothing but great things about them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
          This increase from manufacturers happens every day….. after pi’s, after orders, after lead times
          Get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Get used to it ? Hell no ! THEY need to get used to people doing just what RGV did. Walk away and tell the world. If you’re too weak to turn down a crappy deal (and a crappy dealer) then that’s your problem. I went through the same deal on a used truck when Tyler Ford wanted $18,000 more for a year old used truck than it stickered for when new. I told them to stick it and found another truck with a few more miles but thousands of $ less.

Comment

Unbelievable what people are paying for a lot of things these days. The sellers are doing what they want, how they want because they know the line forms to the left if deals fall through.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Get used to it ? Hell no ! THEY need to get used to people doing just what RGV did. Walk away and tell the world. If you’re too weak to turn down a crappy deal (and a crappy dealer) then that’s your problem. I went through the same deal on a used truck when Tyler Ford wanted $18,000 more for a year old used truck than it stickered for when new. I told them to stick it and found another truck with a few more miles but thousands of $ less.
              People are financing these danged vehicles stretched out 6+ years! They don’t care anything about walking away from a “steal” of a deal , they just want to know what their monthly payment is going to be!

Comment

I'm just here for buzz words like Ram, finance, invoice and MSPR.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

L
                  I am calling Ford tomorrow. I have the order number and the price that they were going to sell it to me for. I will not buy it anyway but for the benefit of future car buyers. I am gonna look for a Dodge 3500 instead. This time I will allow them to finance it then turn around and pay for it a week later.

Send a picture and the paper work of the new Dodge to Ford corporate office. See if you can get a local TV station to cover it and let them show the new Dodge too LOL
                  Last edited by dbaio1; 06-01-2022, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I am calling Ford tomorrow. I have the order number and the price that they were going to sell it to me for. I will not buy it anyway but for the benefit of future car buyers. I am gonna look for a Dodge 3500 instead. This time I will allow them to finance it then turn around and pay for it a week later.

Send a picture and the paper work of the new Dodge to Ford corporate office. See if you can get a local TV station to cover it and let them show the new Dodge too LOL

Comment

Done this several times, finance with them to get the 1,000 rebate then call my credit union the next week and refinance with them. Finance manager knew I might do this and asked if I could wait until after the first payment, negative on that. I guess that was when his kickback counted. I hate buying new vehicles.

Comment

Next time have them deliver truck to your house. If the price is not what you agreed on, send them in their way. Far less time waisted that way.

For those saying finance it, better deal. BS, bought cash on truck 2 months ago, was 6k under sticker and found on a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by saintsfan View Post
                          WOW. it's interesting that 2 different people could have 2 completely different experiences.
                          I have had major problems with Ford of Boerne’s sales for years wouldn’t buy anything from them , the service department is awesome!
                          Cavender is the opposite good sales team , terrible terrible service department!
                          Strange how that works!! polar opposites service department shouldn’t be on a commission peddling extra services

Comment

Where did you buy it?

i sent you a pm

Comment

I just found out another little lie. When I was in the process of buying the truck the salesman told me that the truck was in the shop because it had a recall so I could not see it. I asked him what the recall was and he said he did not know. When I called Ford to file a complaint the following day I advised the lady about the recall. She asked what the recall was and I told her that the salesman did not know. She asked for the VIN# which I provided and she looked it up. AND what do ya know! She said the vehicle with this VIN# has never had a recall issued to it.

The salesman lied to me to keep me from seeing the truck I guess. As I figure, their plan was to either make me pay more money or discourage me from buying it and selling it for more money to someone else. These people should be in jail. Pass the word around DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NORTHSIDE DODGE IN SAN ANTONIO.

Comment

I just found out another little lie. When I was in the process of buying the truck the salesman told me that the truck was in the shop because it had a recall so I could not see it. I asked him what the recall was and he said he did not know. When I called Ford to file a complaint the following day I advised the lady about the recall. She asked what the recall was and I told her that the salesman did not know. She asked for the VIN# which I provided and she looked it up. AND what do ya know! She said the vehicle with this VIN# has never had a recall issued to it.

The salesman lied to me to keep me from seeing the truck I guess. As I figure, their plan was to either make me pay more money or discourage me from buying it and selling it for more money to someone else. These people should be in jail. Pass the word around DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NORTHSIDE DODGE IN SAN ANTONIO.

I'm confused. Granted, I am easily confused. Is it FORD or DODGE? Ready with pitchfork for both. :-)
                                Last edited by RR 314; 06-02-2022, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X