No announcement yet.

Dirty sales service at Northside Ford in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This increase from manufacturers happens every day….. after pi’s, after orders, after lead times
    Get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
      I am calling Ford tomorrow. I have the order number and the price that they were going to sell it to me for. I will not buy it anyway but for the benefit of future car buyers. I am gonna look for a Dodge 3500 instead. This time I will allow them to finance it then turn around and pay for it a week later.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
      Go check out Bluebonnet Ram in New Braunfels. They are not adding on fees and market adjustments.

Comment

What a bummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finance through the dealer and call for a pay off the next week. The dealer gets a kick back on finance. And when you trade a car in negotiate the new car purchase first then tell them you have a trade. The trade in is a different negotiation and should not reflect on the new car purchase.

Comment

I don't have a vehicle for trade in. Next time I will finance for a week then turn around and pay it off.

Comment

I ordered a brand new F350 from Northside for a specified price. Three months later upon arrival I was set to sign on the dotted line but the price changed. At first they tried to sneak in the extended service warranty which I had already told them that I did not want. After removing the extended warranty the price was still $2500 higher. I brought that up and they said that there was a price increase. I told them that that was not the price that we agreed on. They refused to remove the extra $2500. They knew that if I did not agree to the additional price that they could sell it for more money because now it was a brand new truck on the lot. That was a dirty trick on their part. I was going to pay cash for it. In my opinion they could not make money on the financing so they changed the price in hopes that I would pay the higher price or they would just sell it for more money on the lot. DO NOT BUY AT NORTHSIDE FORD IN SAN ANTONIO.

Had the same thing happen at Sterling McCall Toyota. I would support a state mandated contract as is common in the real estate business.

Comment

I don't have a vehicle for trade in. Next time I will finance for a week then turn around and pay it off.

That’s exactly what I did on my last truck purchase.
                There was a $1,000.00 rebate if I financed through Ford with no fee for early payoff.
                Bought the truck on a Saturday and paid it off on Monday.

Comment

I did not buy the truck. The salesman Demetrius Adams tried to convince me that I was still getting a good deal because used trucks were selling for more money than that. I went ballistic at everybody in there and told them off. Tge manager just says I am not selling you a truck. The salesman then approached me and said "You can talk to us like that but you cannot talk to him like that because he is rich, he has millions of $$" That made me even more angry and I walked up to the manager again and told him that I better get my $500 deposit back because I did not back out of this deal, they did becuase they changed the price. Nobody said a word and just stood there. As I was walking out I was yelling at all the customers in there that they were a bunch of crooks.
                  Slow clap.

Mac Haik Ford in Georgetown:
                  1) this year, wouldnt service my 2015 Ford F-250 because it had more than 180k miles. Covert in Hutto did service my truck
                  2) In 2020 were hoarding 150+\- F250 rotors for warranty issues and not for sale. I cant imagine it being better now.

Comment

Northside Ford tried to pull the same crap on me back in 2018. I was financing and they tried to tack on a couple grand hoping I wouldn’t notice. I got up and walked out they’ve been crooks for a long time.

Comment

Definitely BS from the dealer. Sure, MSRP can change over the course of several months, which is what the standard vehicle order is currently taking.

I ordered a Jeep a couple months ago and the dealer signed the order form agreeing to sell at the current MSRP on that date plus the insignificant dealer fees they tack onto every vehicle they sell. I guess time will tell, however, they were pretty upfront with honoring the MSRP at time of order knowing it could change in 4-6 months which is the expected delivery wait time.

Comment

Keep the cash part to yourself. Let em play the finance game and pay it off the first month or two.

Comment

I am calling Ford tomorrow. I have the order number and the price that they were going to sell it to me for. I will not buy it anyway but for the benefit of future car buyers. I am gonna look for a Dodge 3500 instead. This time I will allow them to finance it then turn around and pay for it a week later.

That's not a bad way of buying a truck.

Years ago, I was trying to buy a Lighting, when they first came out. I knew I was going to go through my bank, we knew the bank VP, he was a good friend of the family since I was probably 7 years old. I got many loans, from him over the years. Used to **** off the loan department manager, because neither my step farther or I went through him, we went through the person we knew to get loans.

So after talking to Red McCombs, that was a huge circus, won't get into that one, it was crazy. I then talked to North Side Ford, got no where with them, then talked to Jordan Ford. They seemed like they were going to give me good deal, then the day I was going to sign, they had a lot of extras added on, I did not agree to, I walked out. But they were the first to claim they would get the price down around where I wanted it.

I then decided to try Cross Town in Corpus, our bank was in Corpus, why not try them. Went by talked to them, turned out a chick I knew was working there as a sales girl. I told them the story on all the pricing games, the other deals had been playing. So they said they would beat the other dealers prices. They did. The price I was given, was about $200 over what I was told, was the dealer's cost on those trucks. So I knew the price was very low. We worked up the paper work, they wanted to finance it, I told them I had that taken care of. They still wanted me to fill out loan paper work, I did so to appease them.

Then went and talked to our family friend at the bank. He told me, that their bank, did the financing for that dealership. The dealer added percentage points. With me going through them, I would get the financing without their percentage points added onto the financing. I had already made my mind up, to go through them, that confirmed I was going to correct route.

So I called the finance department from the bank, asked them for the VIN. They wanted to know why I needed it I don't remember the answer I gave them, but they gave me the VIN. I gave it to our bank VP. He finished up the paper work. Then the bank wired the dealer the money.

When the dealer figured out I had gone through my bank, on the financing, and they had been paid, for the truck. They flipped out. I was getting phone calls about every 15 minutes from the woman in finance and then the sales manager, telling me I had to come back and sign a new contract. I told them no, I already did that, I had a copy of it. They called me for at least three days, demanding, I come back and sign a new contract. They eventually started calling and threatening me. I just laughed at them, and told them we already agreed on the price and both signed the contract.
                          I showed up down there, not a single person met me in the show room, when I walked in. I stood there for at least 20 minutes, before talking to the woman that answers the phone and told her I was there to pick up my truck and needed to talk to someone from sales. It took at least another 10 minutes, before they sent a porter out with my keys, handed me my keys and told me where my truck was parked. Nobody from sales came out and talked to me that day.

I don't think they liked me at all. I got my truck, at my price, I was happy.

Good luck with your truck buying. If I had a few million in the bank, I would not give a dealer what they are asking for a truck now days, it's just flat insane.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                            Definitely BS from the dealer. Sure, MSRP can change over the course of several months, which is what the standard vehicle order is currently taking.

I ordered a Jeep a couple months ago and the dealer signed the order form agreeing to sell at the current MSRP on that date plus the insignificant dealer fees they tack onto every vehicle they sell. I guess time will tell, however, they were pretty upfront with honoring the MSRP at time of order knowing it could change in 4-6 months which is the expected delivery wait time.
                            WOW, why would anyone order a vehicle at MSRP?
                            I ordered my 2022 RAM 1500 4x4 and got it at 1% under invoice plus all incentives about 6 months ago..

Comment

Originally posted by rossn2 View Post
                              WOW, why would anyone order a vehicle at MSRP?

I ordered my 2022 RAM 1500 4x4 and got it at 1% under invoice plus all incentives about 6 months ago..
                              Where did you buy it?

Comment

That's definitely some BS. Problem is, by you blowing up and storming out they got exactly what they wanted. Now that truck will be marked up 10k+.

I was worried about this situation because my truck took so long to come in. Picked it up a few weeks ago and the price was still what I agreed on even though MSRP on the window sticker had gone up over 5k since the time of order. Robbie at Nyle Maxwell Ram in Austin did me right.

Comment

Working...
                                X