No announcement yet.

Top gun: maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really great movie! I feel like the older I get, they more I think all new movies suck. This was a refreshingly pleasant movie experience for me. Felt like clapping when it was over. They’re gonna make a gazillion dollars on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I just saw it. Two Thumbs Up also.

Comment

Great movie. Saw it with my parents tonight. Might go see it again!

Comment

Well done summer blockbuster. No political BS or wokeness in the whole thing.
          Just good old movie fun. Best movie I have seen in awhile.
          Actually thought it was worth the money.

Comment

Just got back from the theater.

Must see for sure. Well done.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

heading out today at 1pm. No 4dx but D-box seats. Made my youngest daughter watch the original yesterday afternoon.
              When Goose died. She paused the movie and came into my office. and asked me why did they kill off Goose he was Mavericks support person.... Maverick will fall apart without Goose... I told her to watch it and see...
              She was yelling at Maverick.. Engage.. Engage.. Stop running away..
              Then I hear..

There you go.. Kill THEM ALL!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Will go take the 7 year old to watch it this weekend. Just because there is 75 post and all are positive! Ive never seen the first Top Gun though. This will be my first time back to the theatre since Coco came out.
                aaand a 7 year old can not watch a PG-13 movie. I haven't been to the movies in so long I completely forgot about the age thing. (facepalm)

Comment

Went last night with Kendra. First movie for us in probably 10 years. It was really well done, as we really enjoyed it.
                  Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                    aaand a 7 year old can not watch a PG-13 movie. I haven't been to the movies in so long I completely forgot about the age thing. (facepalm)
                    As long as they are with a parent or guardian you should be good.

Comment

Looks like my husband roped me into it and I’m about to break my 20 year streak on a movie theater moratorium. We’re seeing it at an IMAX. On a Saturday night, no less.

Comment

I really enjoyed it!

Comment

Kick *** movie!
                          The preproduction was fun to watch too.

I was the only weirdo that hollered “I love you Tom!” after his pre movie speech. Whats wrong with people?

I told my son that he should remember this time with his father and seeing Topgun so when the third one comes out and he sees it with his son and Im dead and Tom Cruise is bionic…he can tell my grandsons stories about seeing the second Topgun at the brewhouse theatre with his old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            Kick *** movie!
                            The preproduction was fun to watch too.

I was the only weirdo that hollered “I love you Tom!” after his pre movie speech. Whats wrong with people?

I told my son that he should remember this time with his father and seeing Topgun so when the third one comes out and he sees it with his son and Im dead and Tom Cruise is bionic…he can tell my grandsons stories about seeing the second Topgun at the brewhouse theatre with his old man.
                            Attached Files

Comment

NB: This post contains no spoilers.

I’m not one to be a naysayer but, I have to say, I thought Top Gun:Maverick was a little underwhelming. I thought the storyline lacked the chutzpah and hubris of the original movie, all the things speak to the superiority and might of the U.S. Military.

The movie started out slow—lot’s of Ray-Bans and raw pecs (if I’d wanted to see that, I could have just stayed home)—then, admittedly, picked up at the end.

Top Gun: Maverick brought us a much more emotive and humble Tom Cruise. And Val Kilmer (“Oh look, dah-lin’, it’s Johnny Ringo.”) was great. Totally nailed his lines.

All in all, while the movie failed to move me to want to stand up and sing God Bless America, it was a clean script (no gratuitous sex or swearing) and featured a lot of jets…your kids are gonna love it. But like today’s U.S. Military, it came off as less a triumph of U.S. dominance over an inferior enemy and more like a social experiment, one that was full of feelings, tears, and hugs.

And I paid $15/ticket to be able to say this. Seriously? Is this what movie tix actually go for these days??

Comment

I saw TGM tonight. I thought it was a solid and entertaining movie with a ton of flashbacks to the first movie literally from the opening credits to the closing credits. Heck, if you don’t pay attention you might think you’re watching the first three minutes of the original from the same music to the opening words on the screen explaining Fighter Weapons School, but the Flyers call it. ……… TOP GUN, to Kenny Logging singing Danger Zone and a virtual remake of the opening scenes from Top Gun except lunching F18s instead of F14s. I mean the steam going across the deck from the catapult, hooking up of the sled to the nose gear, the salute of the pilot and then the launch, etc. I thought that was a really nice touch.

Instead of beach volleyball it was beach football. Instead of iceman being the over-the-top, I’m better than you white guy, it was Hangman. Instead of Charlie being brought home on a motorcycle as his girlfriend, it was Penny Benjamin, obviously a flashback to the first movie.

No spoiler alert but it’s worth the time seeing in the theater, especially if you haven’t been for a while. I think it is the second movie I have seen in about 15 years with the other being Midway. It was much better in my opinion. It probably won’t be in my top 20 offtime best movies but I am glad that I saw it in a theater.

And if you watch about the last 15 minutes of the movie and you can’t figure out how it’s going to end, you haven’t been paying attention…

Ray Charles could have seen this……. also a fl…….

Comment

Working...
                                X