No announcement yet.

Top gun: maverick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will go take the 7 year old to watch it this weekend. Just because there is 75 post and all are positive! Ive never seen the first Top Gun though. This will be my first time back to the theatre since Coco came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      Will go take the 7 year old to watch it this weekend. Just because there is 75 post and all are positive! Ive never seen the first Top Gun though. This will be my first time back to the theatre since Coco came out.
      Not necessary, but I think it’s better if you have seen the first one before watching this one. Lots of “throw-backs” to it that are pretty cool.

Comment

I saw it this past weekend and thought it was awesome! I like the "corniness" of some of the old lines etc...

Nice that Val Kilmer also got to play a small role in it....poor bugger....

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          LMAOOOOOOO!!! Pulling 10Gs will deaux dat to a body!!!

We are going back tomorrow during the day just to get seats in the 4DX. VIP seating last night was fun with the wives as they enjoyed it, but tomorrow just me and my cuzzo...lol! It was super cool to see the nod they gave to the "P-51 Mustang REDTAIL" flown by the Tuskegee Airmen in the movie also. I think only 1 or 2 of those pilots are still living.
          Nice nod to the original Skunk Works team originally led by Kelly Johnson that developed the U-2 and SR-71.....both in record time and under budget if i recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
            Nice nod to the original Skunk Works team originally led by Kelly Johnson that developed the U-2 and SR-71.....both in record time and under budget if i recall.
            Yes and Yes..........and also the USAF E-3 Sentry! One of my fraternity brothers piloted one of those during Dessert Storm.
            My cousin and I just left the 4DX version of the movie.........definitely good stuff all around and worth a second screening for us.
            Last edited by Landrover; 06-01-2022, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Wife & I just saw it on IMAX
              Two thumbs up for us !

Comment

if you do not like this movie then you will not like many others - it was great

Comment

I did not know 4dx was even a thing. Wife and i are going to see it again this week in 4dx now

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    My wife and I just left the theater. She hasn’t gone to watch a movie with me in more tha. Ten years, we loved it. It was well done
                    However there where two iconic scenes they left out, that I noticed. Anyone else catch them?

No “you lost that loving feeling”
                    And
                    “I feel the need, the need for speed”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    They didn't sing it but the first time Maverick goes to Penny's bar you can hear it being played in the background. There was no need for speed quote. Lots of other little nods to the original though throughout the movie.

Comment

Me and my wife saw it tonight... VERY good movie. I saw the first one in 1986 and many times since. It was way cool how they meshed the 2 together. Best new movie I have seen in a very long time..

I read that the military plane rental to make the film was $11,000 per hour and I forgot how many hours but it was a bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
                        Nothing woke, loved it.

This. It was a great movie and worth the money. Took my woman, 2 teenage girls and 7 yo boy last night. The kids talked about how awesome it was all the way home. I like how that had an actual op/mission and trained to accomplish that with contingencies included. Good flick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm going to have to buy a bigger TV for when it's out on Blu Ray

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            I'm going to have to buy a bigger TV for when it's out on Blu Ray
                            Couldn't wait. Bought tickets for Saturday in Alice. Little AC break after filling feeders.

Watching today was 2nd time in 10 years I've been to the movies. Guess you can say I liked it.

Comment

Top gun: maverick

Gonna go see it this weekend. I graduated highschool with Glenn Powell “hangman”! Westwood highschool in Austin. Guy made it big time! Pretty dang cool to see

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 06-02-2022, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsonly88 View Post
                                Gonna go see it this weekend. I graduated highschool with Glenn Powell “hangman”! Westwood highschool in Austin. Guy made it big time! Pretty dang cool

He did a GREAT job with his role!

Comment

Working...
                                X