No announcement yet.

G.S. advice on buying first boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people spend their whole lives holding on to their money with a death grip. This life flies by way too fast not to spend some money on things/experiences you enjoy with family/friends or just by yourself. Buy the boat!

Comment

What did you buy?

I've been on the fence for 3 years now and have increased my budget 3 times. I want a 25 foot center console and Sea Hunt and Sportsman seem to make a decent boat for the money. I was at a boat show and the Yamaha FSH 255 peaked my interest. I know it's a jet boat but let me tell you that thing is laid out nice and it will fish and do family time on the lake really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Drop Tine View Post
        Some people spend their whole lives holding on to their money with a death grip. This life flies by way too fast not to spend some money on things/experiences you enjoy with family/friends or just by yourself. Buy the boat!
        This exactly.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

So you're wanting to buy a hole in the water that you pour money into? Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            So you're wanting to buy a hole in the water that you pour money into? Congrats!
            Yes and memories

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep what I did 5 years ago and no regrets!

Comment

Not everyone buys a **** with a force hung on the back

In my 46 years on this earth there have been 13 boats in the family. Airboat to jon boat. Two have required shop time. One of those was a VRO Johnson that ate pumps so we started mixing our own. The other was a 150 merc.

And my dad never changed water pumps. Ever

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X