Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bought strangers mounts for your wall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He delivered it last Friday. He’s not nearly as scary in person as the forum might suggest. Looking forward to spending time with him and his wife the next time they pass through and aren’t in such a hurry. Gonna hang it tomorrow Jeff and I’ll post pics.

Comment

I picked up a 10 point at a yard sale. It was a funny looking mount as the head was kind of facing/looking down. I have it over the back door of my cabin. It looks like it is looking at you when you walk in.

I bought it from a gal who said her husband was getting out of jail soon and he wanted everything sold off. I paid her asking price of $5.00. On the back of the mount was the metal kill tag. 1936.

Interesting on how many on here would not of bought it for the asking price of $5.00

I also have my dad's two full body mount grey fox and his bear head. All traditional bow kills.
      Last edited by Jon Stewart; 06-08-2022, 04:24 PM.

Comment

I won't lie, I'm envious of alot of mounts/pics shown on the GS, but I'm also happy for all that have the opportunity to kill some nice animals! To answer the question, my walls are bare aside from pictures taken from fishing and family hunts. I consider those just as good as a mount. It's all about the hunt/fishing, and making memories in my opinion. I do have several "Louisiana trophy buck antlers- scrubs," I want to use for knife handles to be made for my sons one day, but no mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Have you ever picked up a shed from a deer you killed? Ever?
          I have. Not necessarily in the same season.

Comment

I bought a 200ā€+ whitetail skull-because the guy was willing to sell them. Absolutely no way that Iā€™d try to pass them off as mine though. I also have a good friend give me a large elk skull (maybe 300ā€) that had died on the ranch that he worked on.
            Not mine at all, but will look cool as heck on the wall,

Comment

I haven't, and probably wouldn't, ever buy someone else's mount because between me and my wife, we already have a bunch of trophies that we've taken ourselves, on display in our house. We've also got a couple more from our 2021 Africa trip, still at the taxidermist, and we already know where they will hang, when they're ready. Those who've seen our home, know that we have a pretty impressive collection of trophies, for plain old working class folks
              That being said, we've had the conversation before, that one day when we're gone, hopefully family or friends might be interested in having some of them, instead of them just getting tossed into a dumpster.

Comment

Working...
              X