• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to you and your Dad!

Thank you for taking us along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Never really wanted a bear but your thread sure has me interested. If you decide to go again next year or so holler at me. I’m only an hour from IAH so I’d fly out of there too. You’re a veteran now. I’d rather go with someone who’s been before. Congrats on two very nice bears.

Comment

Awesome trophies! Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Never really wanted a bear but your thread sure has me interested. If you decide to go again next year or so holler at me. I’m only an hour from IAH so I’d fly out of there too. You’re a veteran now. I’d rather go with someone who’s been before. Congrats on two very nice bears.
          Thank you sir. I'll definitely give you a shout if we go back. Would love to share a full camp with all TBH'rs

Comment

Sounds like a dream trip. Congrats on the success and being able to do it with your dad.

Comment

You shot your bear on the first night, your dad got his the second night. Just curious as to what yall did for the next 7 days? Places to fish or go dicking around?

Comment

Nice bears, congrat!

Comment

Congratulations on a fun adventure and two nice bears! They look healthy!

Comment

Congrats!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                      You shot your bear on the first night, your dad got his the second night. Just curious as to what yall did for the next 7 days? Places to fish or go dicking around?
                      Sorry I didn't make that very clear.. I killed mine the first night (sunday afternoon). We left the bear overnight and came back Monday to skin it out and take pics, so that ate all of Monday up. Tuesday we slept in, ate a late breakfast, then drove to Prince Albert to get dad a tag (originally dad wasn't going to hunt but since I killed out the first night and the lakes were still frozen, he decided he wanted to hunt since we had 6 days left.)
                      He started hunting on Wednesday afternoon, saw a few bears, and the outfitter decided he should sit there again, so thursday rolled around and he shot his bear thursday night.
                      We left his bear overnight also and went in and packed it out on friday. Saturday we washed clothes and repacked everything, had to run to town to buy rubbermaid totes to haul the bear hides, and sunday we flew home.

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
                        Sorry I didn't make that very clear.. I killed mine the first night (sunday afternoon). We left the bear overnight and came back Monday to skin it out and take pics, so that ate all of Monday up. Tuesday we slept in, ate a late breakfast, then drove to Prince Albert to get dad a tag (originally dad wasn't going to hunt but since I killed out the first night and the lakes were still frozen, he decided he wanted to hunt since we had 6 days left.)
                        He started hunting on Wednesday afternoon, saw a few bears, and the outfitter decided he should sit there again, so thursday rolled around and he shot his bear thursday night.
                        We left his bear overnight also and went in and packed it out on friday. Saturday we washed clothes and repacked everything, had to run to town to buy rubbermaid totes to haul the bear hides, and sunday we flew home.
                        Got it....I bet that was a blast. Something Im going to look into for me and my son.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                          Got it....I bet that was a blast. Something Im going to look into for me and my son.
                          It's well worth it to make those memories with your son and an awesome hunt to do it on. The only advice I can give is this... try to schedule it where you're the first hunters in camp. (I think your chances are way higher being the first ones in there).
                          And secondly, without a doubt, hunt from the ground in a blind.
                          I was 3/4 the way up a very steep ridge in a 14' ladder stand and the bait barrel was way down below me (only 20 yards but it looked like 40) on the bear I killed. I actually passed him at 3:00 pm cuz I couldn't tell how big he was in reference too the barrel but after sending pics to my guide, he said I was nuts for not killing him... 5 hours later, he came back and I shot him.
                          With dad's bear, I sat with him in a 4 x 6 box stand on the ground, and it was daylight and dark difference on how big they look when your eye level with them. Adds a whole another perspective/level of excitement to the hunt when you've got a 350 pound bear at 15 yards and he's looking you in the eye lol.

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X