One lure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lure for little kid. No
    Mealy worm from academy or earth worms he helps you dig.
    Tiny, tiny long shanked perch hook
    And a small wood/cork bobber. We call em “corks”.

Have fun. Fish only as long as he wants.

Comment

It doesn’t feel like long ago my two boys were that age and we were doing stuff like that. They had as much or more fun catching bait as they did fishing! Digging worms and catching grasshoppers was one adventure and using them for bait was another!

Or you can just buy some worms and put them on a small hook with a spit shot under a bobber. At two they have more fun catching a lot of bream than trying for something bigger and being unsuccessful.

Comment

Live earthworms instead of lures. Go flip some logs or flowerpots over in the backyard and get some.

Comment

A box of Red Worms on that Spidy pole (pinched off night crawlers will also work) with a bobber, splitshot, and hook will work wonders! And create lots of excitement.

I remember the very first time I went. My godmother and godfather took me. Godmother sat me down beside her with a rod and reel with a bobber. And taught me what it's all about. I was two at the time. And still remember!

The best to yall. And let us know how yall do! Pics so he can relive the moment too!

Comment

Wacky worm

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yellow beetle spin with the black spots, or a small silver spoon.

Comment

My son caught a 24 “ striped bass on a snoopy poll and a perch hook. What ride that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, that was an adventure.

Comment

He thought it best to "jump" right into wade fishing.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      He thought it best to "jump" right into wade fishing.

Ok I laughed and then saw he was crying and now I feel bad. Poor little guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok... he is eating dinner so I get a chance to update. Fun trip to academy! Aunt Yaya, (Sarah) and Nana Amy went with us. He went straight to the Spiderman pole lol. With the time crunch we did pick up some nightcrawlers while we were there. I did get one pic of him on his first cast, on the second one I went to open the camera app and the next thing I know in that split second he did a front flip into the dang pond haha. Luckily, he knows how to swim. But he didn't expect it so it scared him quite a bit. I asked him, do you want to go home or keep fishing, and he was able to muster out a "keep fishing." Thats my boy.

Comment

All awesome stuff! Did he catch a fish (not that it matters)?

Comment

Unfortunately no we did not catch anything. 90% of the time was us in the water and untangling Spiderman spider string lol

Comment

Cane pole with worm. it's the only answer

Comment

Don't underestimate the Spiderman pole. Years ago my boy had one screaming. Not sure it could have landed a fish much bigger than that but for the boys first bass it was an adventure. Click image for larger version

Name:	20171105_100657.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	24683207

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X