• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
    Wish I could say we are back at it, but he was good for one cast lol

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
    Great picture

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Goldfish from pets mart are kryptonite for bass.

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          Beatlespin.
          Same here. They stopped making the big one's or I just can't find them anymore, and I so wish I could find some. I think they are the 4 inch. Beetlespin, H & H spinnerbait with Colorado blade, or Baby 1- are my favorite small water bass lures.

Comment

That's a great picture. Better luck next time.

Comment

Live worms or minnows under bobber if possible

Comment

Poor kid got sick, minor congestion. But that turned into a double ear infection. Then the antibiotics upset his stomach, which gave him a rash. Poor guy. What'll fix it is a big ol bass caught on the Spiderman pole. Hopefully we get a chance to hit the pond this afternoon.

Comment

Hoping the best for him!

Comment

Good show!

Originally posted by Mudbug View Post
                    a small original JOINTED rapala Floating
                    I still catch a lot of fish on Rapalas, but there is something about those jointed ones

Comment

Beetlespin

Comment

Well, went to the hoa pond after I picked him up from day care, got 2 casts in before a white SUV rolls up across the pond, fires off 2 shots and speeds away. A kid was shot in the arm, I believe in his house. I don't believe I was ever in danger, but I can now officially label myself so bad at fishing that I am more likely to witness a drive by. Scary to think I was 110 yards away from it basically in an open field and unarmed.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          Well, went to the hoa pond after I picked him up from day care, got 2 casts in before a white SUV rolls up across the pond, fires off 2 shots and speeds away. A kid was shot in the arm, I believe in his house. I don't believe I was ever in danger, but I can now officially label myself so bad at fishing that I am more likely to witness a drive by. Scary to think I was 110 yards away from it basically in an open field and unarmed.

Wow, glad y’all Are safe. That’s a crazy turn of events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not what I was looking forward to reading.

Glad yall weren't injured. What area of Ft Worth?

Comment

We are off trinity and 820. Lakes of River Trails, south of the Northeast Mall.

An update I got from the neighbor across the street who is a former LEO and on the HOA board... the "kid" is not a child. Not too much info since it is an active investigation. The person shot is saying he shot himself in the arm...so they think it is drug or gang related. Crazy because it is not a "bad" neighborhood.

Going to try to keep the rest of the posts fishing related! We will git r done.

Comment

Update!!! We are back at it with another year of maturity under our belts. At 3.5 years old, we are interested in catching "ditch pickles," and it cracks me up when he says it, haha.

This week in particular he is actually WANTING to learn. He wants me to cast, tells me where to cast it, and then reels it back in himself. I am going to put a rattle trap on his Spiderman pole...it caught two yesterday, just the wrong fisherman caught it! I had my best friend with me. He came after work, and we fished for about an hour.

There is still a ton of time spent untangling line, but boy did it make me happy, excited...a the above when we think of the good moments of fatherhood...when he was eager to learn. I think we are breaking out of that defiant stage and entering into a curious/learning/listening/growing to be independent stage. Good times ahead. I plan on hitting the pond up Sunday!

The pic is my best friend and my son with the fish my friend caught. Still going after that first fish but he knows he has to kiss it or he'll never catch another fish after the first one!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Working...
                                X