hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    Still a lot of time between now and the end of that run. If it's still looking like that Tuesday/Wednesday of next week, I'll start paying more attention to it.
    For sure. 11 days out is a long ways. That said, I will be gone that week, so hoping we get some wind shear like we did so many times last year and take out at least this storm.

Comment

Mike from spaghettimodels.com has a daily show on youtube called the Daily Brew. He discusses the daily developments and future potential with no hype.

Videos about the Tropics, Weather, Storm Chasing & more. MWP is home to spaghettimodels.com and 'The Daily Brew' which streams live weekdays at 9:19am eastern. MWP is a source for weather models & graphics, tracking the tropics from PTCs to Tropical Storms to Hurricanes. Coverage includes everywhere from the US, the Caribbean, Bermuda, Central America, the Atlantic coast, and beyond. Mike goes live to cover weather, giving opinions & analysis, and even storm chases. Known for his ability to help everyone understand the charts, models, and maps, Mike is your GO-TO for the TROPICS! For official information & forecasts please visit the NHC and NWS. | 2021 GHC Tropical Meteorology Award Winner | NHC Recognized | Amateur Weather Hobbyist | MWP is crowd funded with exclusive content and alert systems for Brew Crew Subscribers. Thank you for your support!

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Unless that current one develops into something big in the next week this could be only the third August since 1961 with no named storms. Last one was 25 years ago
        I bet those folks in southwestern Louisiana have no problem being 3rd! ha ha

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
          I bet those folks in southwestern Louisiana have no problem being 3rd! ha ha

Rwc
          Yes sir you would win dat bet

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
            They have been very inaccurate since the high pressure moved out the area three weeks ago. I think the high pressure made them complacent this summer. Hope they get their game back quick!
            I agree, thought it was just my perception. I also wish they would discuss more. I feel like they've taken the no hype a bit far- at least discuss opinions of possibilities on a second post/page.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post

Ha, I know, I have lots of kin folks that live in your neck of the woods...marsh.....

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Ha, I know, I have lots of kin folks that live in your neck of the woods...marsh.....

Rwc
                And we still ain't recovered. Still goin to mass in a tore up church

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post

SETX/SWLA will take that title any day of the week! Heck while everyone else has been begging for rain we can't keep it away. I've already lost almost 2 weeks on our house build.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                    Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

That’s two days in a row that it has shown a storm or Hurricane coming ashore in Texas/Louisiana
                    There is a lot about that model run that doesn’t make sense, and I don’t believe there is consistency among other models yet to support it.

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Still a lot of time between now and the end of that run. If it's still looking like that Tuesday/Wednesday of next week, I'll start paying more attention to it.
                    Agreed. But I’d almost bet my 1st born that future runs will bounce it from corpus to mobile over the coming days…

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

That’s two days in a row that it has shown a storm or Hurricane coming ashore in Texas/Louisiana
                      Where are y’all seeing Tx/La border? That model shows it going into Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post

Where are y’all seeing Tx/La border? That model shows it going into Mexico.
                        That's the current model, the one from earlier this morning had it basically center punching Galveston.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                          That's the current model, the one from earlier this morning had it basically center punching Galveston.
                          Gotcha. Thanks

Comment

Its gonna change a lot in 11 days

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                              Gotcha. Thanks
                              Yeah I was like, "what am I missing??" LOL

I need next weekend to not be a rainy disaster. That's the weekend I do the last bit of work at my lease.

Comment

SPI dead nuts this run

Comment

Working...
                                X