What to invest in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Wouldn't you rather buy those stocks when they are down rather than when they are high?
    Buy high sell low for the tax write offs!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
      Buy high sell low for the tax write offs!

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk
      Really!

Comment

Originally posted by DawgOnIt View Post
        Stocks are tanking, real estate is sky high, is there anything worthy of investing in?
        When the market is down its a buying opportunity. My advice is to keep buying, buy more, etc... Preferably in an S&P index fund.

Comment

You haven't given us enough information to really recommend anything for you.

Comment

With current inflation levels, might be worth considering investing in I bonds. Max is $10K /person per year but the returns are pretty much guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
              Dang, where did that come from? I don't even know you.

Three precious metals, gold, silver, and lead.
              almost sent you a PM to see what blessings you bring upon us

Comment

Cost average buying, weekly. Dont watch the market, it will drive you nuts

Comment

Originally posted by trjones87 View Post
                  almost sent you a PM to see what blessings you bring upon us
                  basically, I ask, what problem do you and I have?

Comment

I still like the energy sector, particularly midstream. Also like Silver. Index funds. I think financials such as large banks stand to gain in this interest rate environment.

I've also been hearing about iBonds, or something like that, but haven't done my research.

Comment

TQQQ, SOXL, and FNGU hard to beat now

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Beany babies

I have 2 large plastic containers of them we bought for our daughter 30 years ago. She said they’d appreciate and pay for her college tuition. Maybe it’s time to start taking pictures and posting on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                          I invested in a really good waffle iron earlier this year, and I have no regrets. I'm eating some of the best waffles of my life.

It's the classic round All-Clad in case anybody is wondering. I should've bought one years ago. I never knew a waffle iron could make such a big difference. I always thought the issue was my recipe.
                          Thanks. I just spewed Mountain Dew all over my keyboard lol.

Comment

Originally posted by HTXTundra View Post
                            A popular phrase by Warren Buffett in the trading world is “be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful. This means that be fearful when a stock or market sector is high and be prepared to sell or start selling. Don’t buy or FOMO in when the stock has already ran up. Be greedy when others are fearful means that people are scared of buying a stock that has been dropping or has been beaten down. This is the best time to buy, because you’re buying it when it’s on “sale”.
                            I like this.

Our entire neighborhood flooded during Harvey. All of the residents were fearful of building back and started selling. Investors came in and bought a lot of the houses and rebuilt them. Houses are now selling for 30% higher than they were pre Harvey and they aren't going down (for now)...

Comment

I hear Emu's are making a come back.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't buy anything that has recently gone down in value. Buying low.....I'm not so sure about how that could work out.

Comment

Working...
                                X