No announcement yet.

Blast from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what were the presets…? Any good stations ?

Comment

I used to stand in the front seat and mash those buttons when I was a kid. Years later my first car had the same set up

Comment

thats why you put an 8 track under the dash

Comment

Back in the day, it was KLIF 1190 in Dallas. My AM radio had tubes in it. Had to wait for it to warm up.

Comment

That has to be the Bluetooth button on the left, right?

Comment

Bill Mack and the Open Road Show!

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
                Bill Mack and the Open Road Show!
                We would listen to Bill Mack when I was on 3rd shift. We called it the "Bill Mack Amateur Hour".

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                  We would listen to Bill Mack when I was on 3rd shift. We called it the "Bill Mack Amateur Hour".
                  Every Sat. night at midnight they would have the PRCA standing and who won what rodeo that weekend.

Comment

We had a fire ranchero that had a radio like that in it. I grew up in northern Colorado and on summer evenings my Dad and I could get St. Louis and Los Angeles baseball on it. Listening to Vince Skully broadcast the dodgers while doing chores was what made me fall in love with baseball. Nothing was worse than loosing the signal late in the game though. You would have to wait two days for the scores to hit the paper to find out what happened.

Comment

Remember how to lock in a station and keep it set to one of the push buttons?

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                        thats why you put an 8 track under the dash
                        Yep! Brackets mounted and hung from the dash. I can still hear the clunk of the track changes.

Comment

My Scout has the original AM radio. It used to play both country and western. Now all it can play is political talk and Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            My '61 Ranchero that had the tube radio did not have the push buttons. You had to tune each station in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                              Pull the push/station button out, dial in the station and push the button back in.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                                Pull the push/station button out, dial in the station and push the button back in.
                                Yepper.

Comment

Working...
                                X