Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tattoos - what advice would you give a young person?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is simple. Go with barbed wire band around the upper arm. It is timeless. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
      it is simple. Go with barbed wire band around the upper arm. It is timeless. :-)

High fence or low fence though?

Comment

Until you are settled into a career and know exactly the career path you are after, avoid tattooing any area that can be seen in normal attire.( Times have changed but Judgments are still made by People)
        Great Advice Thx
        Made it thru NAVY with none and still none/plenty scars to talk about though

Comment

I’m 40 and very much in the minority for my age group considering I do not have any tattoos.

I haven’t found anything I want on my body forever. They also use needles and I’m not a fan of those things.

My advise is give it a lot of thought before you decide to get any.

I have no issues with tattoos or people that have them, but I do question peoples decision making that have them on their face and neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
            I wouldn't think anyone would need ink or photos to remember a loved one. Seems like past memories and experiences would be unforgettable

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You don’t need to think how I chose to remember my brother….

Honestly that’s a stupid comment. Folks flip through photo albums all the time to remember times spent together especially as we grow older..
            Last edited by Smart; 05-11-2022, 05:38 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't think anyone would need ink or photos to remember a loved one. Seems like past memories and experiences would be unforgettable

Most people that get tattoos for loved ones that have passed have nothing to do with remembering them. Its more of a way to honor them.

Comment

I wouldn’t have thought so either, until I did. I didn’t ask anyone for permission. I didnt ask anyone for their opinion. I have pictures, experiences and memories. I had 19 years of all those things. But something in my mind just snapped one day. I wanted a reminder of her every time I looked down. So, I got a small tattoo on my right forearm.

I had always said I’d never have a tattoo. A life changing event altered my thinking. I hope your thinking never has reason to change. It’s your opinion and I understand and respect it. But needs change and never becomes reality.

Comment

F what people think. But Atleast have a thought process and be unique. And find a GREAT artist.
                  Last edited by Jcjohnson; 05-11-2022, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    You don’t need to think how I chose to remember my brother….

Honestly that’s a stupid comment. Folks flip through photo albums all the time to remember times spent together especially as we grow older..
                    I dont think thats how ducko intended that post.

I could be wrong but I dont think so. His sarcasm is usually a bit more directed

Comment

I've had a few in my life. My mom made me wash them off tho!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
                        If one of my kids did this kind of work I'd be sleeved up waiting on my neck tats just wishing someone to ask who did them. She is awesome!! I just went through all her tiktoks.
                        Yes Sir. Thank you. I am proud as can be. She stays pretty booked up so it's hard for me to get in to get work done but we are getting there. I carry a stack of her business cards with me to hand out when tattoos come up in conversation.

Comment

Note to all my relatives: If you choose to memorialize me after my death, think of something other than a tattoo on your hairy back, or my name in sticker form on the rear window of your beat-up car/truck. Maybe a nice bench with a plaque, or a donation.

Someone’s tattoos are none of my business, but if people ask me what I think (making it my business) I’ll tell them. If you really don’t care what I think, then why do you care when I think it’s not smart?
                          Last edited by Abctx; 05-11-2022, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            So in theory, if a person chooses to get a bunch of tattoos, then they might effectively be eliminating 50% of their possible employment opportunities.

There is always Starbucks. Oh, and McDonald's.

SO is the only place to work with tattoos Starbucks and McDonalds? That has to be pretty closed minded there buddy

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              here we are again with a bunch of adults judging what other adults do with there money and lives:d

if you like em then get em, if you don't then worry about you and yours and not what the next man does....who really cares? Seriously? They don't bother me either way....my family hated tattoos and i ended up with seven and my wife two. We both make great money and aren't bad people. Do you and don't worry about what others do

a m e n !!!!!!

Comment

My entire back is covered with a lineman climbing a pole, and two parachutes in the distance...It is in memory of my two best friends I lost in the military. Past memories and experiences sometimes NEED to be forgotten, but sometimes, some people dont even get the luxury to forget those memories.

By the way, no one has to ask anyone why they get ink to remember someone, remember days, or remember moments. So many people on here talking to others about THEIR opinion and trying to convince people to do this or do that....Read the original question, answer it, just the question.....

Comment

Working...
                                X