No announcement yet.

EZ Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TSC in Orange has a pile of them, both sizes. Looked at them yesterday when I went to pick up feed.

Comment

Glad to see TSC selling them.

Comment

I have a used one for $250 if anyone wants it. pick up in hebbronville or corpus.

the wires to the motor are cut from the spinner plate slinging corn right across them. I've fixed them before, and put some plastic conduit on it, but it needs to be repaired again and probably use small metal conduit. otherwise, it all works fine.

Also upgraded with a "the timer".

it's only been shot once.

Comment

Has anyone modified one of these to varmint-proof it some? If so, what did you do and do you any pictures?

Comment

in for the varmint proof answers. do coons hammer them?

Comment

There’s a thread on here about extending the bottom guard, I don’t remember the title but someone will probably link it soon.

Funny thing is, I have two of the 400 lb feeders from TSC out and for some reason the coons can’t seem to get to the spinner. I have absolutely no idea if there’s a difference in the plates between the 400 and 600 lb feeders, but both throw 38-40 lbs of corn per week which isn’t excessive for going off twice a day 6 seconds per run.

And yes, I had a very bad raccoon problem in the area I have set up for myself. It was to the point that I jokingly started a thread contemplating using Tannerite on my feeder because I had multiple pictures with at least a dozen on and around my feeder at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                There’s a thread on here about extending the bottom guard, I don’t remember the title but someone will probably link it soon.

Funny thing is, I have two of the 400 lb feeders from TSC out and for some reason the coons can’t seem to get to the spinner. I have absolutely no idea if there’s a difference in the plates between the 400 and 600 lb feeders, but both throw 38-40 lbs of corn per week which isn’t excessive for going off twice a day 6 seconds per run.

And yes, I had a very bad raccoon problem in the area I have set up for myself. It was to the point that I jokingly started a thread contemplating using Tannerite on my feeder because I had multiple pictures with at least a dozen on and around my feeder at the same time.

I have had no problems with coins and the three 600 lb feeders in an area where we have coon problems with other kinds of feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtechbandit View Post
                  in for the varmint proof answers. do coons hammer them?
                  In for the answer on this as well, just bought a couple and trying out.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Glad to see TSC selling them.

Many of the feed stores are carrying them now too. They're 499 everywhere I looked. TSC battery has a year warranty, treeline battery

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                      In for the answer on this as well, just bought a couple and trying out.

Search the original thread. I believe Smart shows how to fix them. I believe. He extends some flat bar across the bottom so they can’t reach the spinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                        Many of the feed stores are carrying them now too. They're 499 everywhere I looked. TSC battery has a year warranty, treeline battery
                        Does anyone know where to get them some place between Spring (north Houston) and Trinity? None of the TSC between here and there seem to carry them.

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                        Search the original thread. I believe Smart shows how to fix them. I believe. He extends some flat bar across the bottom so they can’t reach the spinner.

I don't know what the original thread title is, but I certainly couldn't find it when searching.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post

Here is what I did to mine, which is what he did to his.

Also, crossmember added to the legs.

Comment

EZ Feeder

This is about the closest I’ve seen a coon get to the spinner plat in one of the 400 lb feeders I’ve had it.

The picture is from roughly a year ago, a little under I think but in that ballpark.

Obviously the coon tried, and I did have several other pictures from both feeders after this one of them trying the same thing, but the weekly usage has always been consistent. If they were able to get to the spinner, they’d have emptied one of those feeders in two weeks max, and probably sooner.

The pics I get now are just of them milling around the feeder area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

TSC in Elgin started carrying the Lamco feeders as well - shocked the heck out of me! Have no seen any EZ fill there yet

Comment

When you add an extender plate to the bottom of the main plate, put some washers in the bolt so rain and dew can run out instead of under the hopper toward the motor.

Comment

Working...
                                X