No announcement yet.

Dill pickle recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep them coming. My plan is to make 3-4 or more versions so I can repeat the one I like best in quantity next year. Pickles are like wines......they make a bunch of different ones because eveyone has different likes.

Comment

Another question......do yall prefer the regular mouth jars or the wide mouth jars? Seems all the ones I buy have the regular mouth jars.

Comment

Grape leaves or Alum are used to keep pickles crunchy

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
          Grape leaves or Alum are used to keep pickles crunchy
          Thanks for that bit of info. Ive seen those in some of the recipes Ive looked at on line.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            Another question......do yall prefer the regular mouth jars or the wide mouth jars? Seems all the ones I buy have the regular mouth jars.
            Wide mouth are way easier to stuff the different sized cukes into, for sure

We dedicate wide mouth quarts to pickles and the regular mouth sizes to kraut, salsa, etc.

Comment

For whole pickles I would use wide mouth. For slice pickles, regular IMO

Comment

Who should I start pestering?
                Duane…and yes, they are-were great!

Comment

You can’t have dill pickles without several fresh sprigs of dill and cloves of garlic in each jar.

Comment

X2 on fresh dill. Some on the bottom and some on the top. When you open the jar taste the dill. Then fight over who gets the dill.

Comment

My entire garden is doing really well this year with one exception……..the dill. It was doing great and I went out one morning(I usually check on it a couple times a day) and the entire dill plant looked like it had melted to the ground. It was dead by the next day. I should have immediately planted more but I failed on that. It will have to be store bought this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know how to make dill pickles but if you throw some dill pickles in your crawfish boil they are pretty good!!!

Comment

Paging Leonhogboy

He brought some jarred pickles and green beans to the TBH Nueces River fishing trip. They were very good.

Comment

I like the wide mouth jars. Just made a batch the other day with a new recipe that should be ready soon. We’ll see how they come out.

Comment

Thanks for that bit of info. Ive seen those in some of the recipes Ive looked at on line.
                              Amazon sells Pickle crisp that you add to the jars along with the other ingredients. It’s a white crystal. I will be trying it this year.

Comment

3 quarts water, 1 quart 5% vinegar, 1/2 cup pickling salt. Put some dill in bottom of jar, stuff the jar with pickles, boil solution and fill them up. Cover with towel and when they turn colors (lighter green), usually takes a couple hours, re-boil the brine and fill jar 1/2" from top and seal. Cover with towel and you will hear them seal during the night. Wait about 3 weeks and wallaaa

Comment

Working...
                                X