Stolen Valor scammer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    We know that know. Taxi edited the OP once he learned that he actually did something other than sweep the chow hall.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ahhh, didn’t catch the ninja edit.

Side question, is someone who embellishes and flat out lies about their service history as bad as someone who says they served but never did? Are both considered stolen valor? Guessing the latter isn’t unless they claim some benefit they wouldn’t have been warranted otherwise but could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
      In my experience, most MIL/LE discount programs don't qualify the individual based on what their role was and sounds like the individual described in the OP did serve, just not in the capacity he claims.

He could have been a sanitary tech attached to Special Warfare. Doesn’t make him a SEAL though.

In the Army I met two Combat Airborne Plumbers in processing between their basic and AIT. They had their orders to a Navy base in Biloxi for AIT and then off to Airborne. Not kidding. They said the Drills never stopped making fun of them during basic lol. “Airborne plumber airborne plumber where have you been?” Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick2012 View Post
        OH-58, UH-1, AH-1 - Army Mech
        HH-3, HH-53 - Air Force Mech/ Crew Chief

[emoji16][emoji8][emoji16]

Hell Yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dbap View Post
          Question: I think I may be onto a case of stolen valor, but not sure. This guy is retired Navy, that is certain. He has twice bragged about "killing men" with a 5.56 while on active duty. He was not a seal. How common, or likely is it that someone in the Navy, not a seal was in this type of combat?

I did not serve. I have great respect and appreciation for those of you that did.
          I have a good friend who was also in the Navy. He was a Machinist Mate on a Sub.
          He told me he got shot in Iraq. I called BS right away he said wrong. I was assigned to shore duty and did convoy security. They got ambushed he took a bullet through the meat of the left hip and got hit with shrapnel

Not s

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
            I have a good friend who was also in the Navy. He was a Machinist Mate on a Sub.
            He told me he got shot in Iraq. I called BS right away he said wrong. I was assigned to shore duty and did convoy security. They got ambushed he took a bullet through the meat of the left hip and got hit with shrapnel

Not s
            But did he pull down his pants and show you the scar like Forrest Gump did to LBJ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              But did he pull down his pants and show you the scar like Forrest Gump did to LBJ?
              I'll never tell [emoji56][emoji39][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post

It was on a submarine, do you even have to ask? Kidding!!!! Couldn’t resist.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                  It was on a submarine, do you even have to ask? Kidding!!!! Couldn’t resist.

Pow...right in the ol' one eyed spider

Comment

Isn't stolen valor a felony?

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post

I think for it to be a crime it has to be used for financial consideration. If I go around bragging about killing men with muh 5.56 Im just a ****** bag but not a criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by ORIONTHEHUNTER View Post
                        They don’t push anything that makes someone feel “unsafe” anymore.

Comment

Thanks to those that served. Reading this does not surprise me at all. Happens everywhere even on TBH. No idea why. I retired from LE. Guess what I was not SWAT, Bomb Squad, etc. I was lucky to work in some specialized units but none were the high speed low drag deals. Heck I retired sitting on a boat playing life guard. I have no idea why someone would make a bunch of BS up. Nobody really cares

Comment

Stolen Valor scammer

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Thanks to those that served. Reading this does not surprise me at all. Happens everywhere even on TBH. No idea why. I retired from LE. Guess what I was not SWAT, Bomb Squad, etc. I was lucky to work in some specialized units but none were the high speed low drag deals. Heck I retired sitting on a boat playing life guard. I have no idea why someone would make a bunch of BS up. Nobody really cares

As a veteran I notice that the majority of the civilian population has an extremely romanticized view of the military due to Hollywood and TV. I think that drives people with tendencies to lie to get to lying and attempt to live up to that idealization. There is also a notion amongst the civilian population that every service member is in a combat mos. Thats actually a minority of the military. Some people want to live up to the hype. The reality of its is bleak, low morale and nothing sexy. This is probably why most vets dont talk much about it except around each other and then often we are talking **** about it lol. Same thing happens in LE as you know, what is portrayed on the tube isnt reality.

Comment

Of course our soft minded world and people want to sweep it under the rug!!!!

Some people need to grow a pair, actually ALOT do. Stand up for what's right and I am glad that guy brought it to light on FB..

I woulda tagged the guy also

Comment

Originally posted by Lslite View Post
                                Look at some of the major players in high government office that have been caught red handed doing the same BS.Most of them are still in office.
                                Like President Biden?

He claimed to have gone to law school on a full scholarship and graduated at the top of his class. He had a partial scholarship and graduated at the bottom quarter of his class.

Comment

Working...
                                X