No announcement yet.

Naomi Judd passes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s all good Drycreek. I couldn’t imagine life without him. Just feel sorry for the way life turned out for him. My purpose in the post was to shine the light of personal experience on mental health and show just how wrong things can go when dealing with the mind.
    I used to think that if we could repair the Mind the organ it controls, the brain would fall in line. Not so.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
      Amen! Spoken like someone who has no clue…
      I don't think his comment was spoken like someone who has no clue. This thread isn't about mental illness, it's about D-List former celebrity that we'd all forgotten completely about, for 30 years now. Unless you're kin to her insignificant arse, why should her death affect anyone outside of her family?

I hope she was Saved and is in Heaven now, but other than that, who really cares? My dad died of a stroke 11 years ago, not one GD word from those **** Judds. Not even a text.

Comment

Great duo, hard to believe it’s been 30 years since they quit singing.

Rip

Comment

30 years! So hard to believe. And yes they were insignificant in my life, but that shouldn’t keep me from expressing condolences for her and her family. They were people just like me and you.

Comment

RIP Naomi Judd, you will be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
              I don't think his comment was spoken like someone who has no clue. This thread isn't about mental illness, it's about D-List former celebrity that we'd all forgotten completely about, for 30 years now. Unless you're kin to her insignificant arse, why should her death affect anyone outside of her family?

I hope she was Saved and is in Heaven now, but other than that, who really cares? My dad died of a stroke 11 years ago, not one GD word from those **** Judds. Not even a text.
              Wow, sorry for your loss. No words; Naomi always struck me as the classy one. I met Wynona at the Republican convention in Houston and not impressed. But why speak so bad about the dead now and a family that is certainly hurting.

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                Amen! Spoken like someone who has no clue…
                That's just it. Nobody has a clue or nobody would have mental illnesses or ever commit suicide. Nobody knows why some of the best comedians on earth that brought laughter into many homes over the years were unhappy enough that it led them to their own demise. I don't think what I said was fully understood is what I think happened. It's easy to see my standpoint from my point of view because I'm not 76 years old or rich or famous. To me it's inconceivable but obviously it wasn't to her because she's not here. She had demons dragging her down in some form or another.

Mental illness is probably the most complex thing out there. I don't think we have any world renowned psychiatrist with us here today. If so please enlighten us as to why these rich people get depressed and end their life. I can see how a broke person or a person that has a terminal illness could eat the barrel of a gun. That's pretty simple to figure out. In some cases it'd be a hell of a lot easier than fighting a losing battle. Anyone who has really lived life can figure that one out. Sometimes quitting is way easier to accept than failing. That's not that hard of a concept to grasp. You have to look at yourself in the mirror and accept failure. Can't fail if you never try....

In the grand scheme of things, what does it matter? She was 76 years old and held more money at one time than most if not every single one of us will see in our entire life. She had a good run. She won at this game called life. She went out with a bang, she didn't fizzle out like most of us will. Good for her. She left more here than most of the world. She left her mark on more than just a fancy piece of stone in the ground. Gotta admire her for that.
                Last edited by okrattler; 05-01-2022, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  “Lost our mother to mental illness” that does sound like suicide. Tragic

I thought the same. Tough loss for Country music duo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
                    Wow, sorry for your loss. No words; Naomi always struck me as the classy one. I met Wynona at the Republican convention in Houston and not impressed. But why speak so bad about the dead now and a family that is certainly hurting.
                    You're right, that was pretty harsh. It just irks me how we (collectively) hear about something like this and make it all about ourselves. I guess that's just human nature but it reminded me of a conversation I witnessed when Paul Walker died:

Guy 1: Man, that's a terrible tragedy.
                    Guy 2: Not really, who cares?
                    Guy 1: What? You shut your mouth, my cousin died in a car wreck!

Comment

Originally posted by EarleyBird View Post
                      You're right, that was pretty harsh. It just irks me how we (collectively) hear about something like this and make it all about ourselves. I guess that's just human nature but it reminded me of a conversation I witnessed when Paul Walker died:

Guy 1: Man, that's a terrible tragedy.
                      Guy 2: Not really, who cares?
                      Guy 1: What? You shut your mouth, my cousin died in a car wreck!
                      Exactly. Actually I feel like it's TBH nature. It's on here so people feel like they have to say something when in reality if someone told them face to face they'd be like "oh really? That's sad." They wouldn't say "Rip, one of the greats." Because uh.....who the frick talks like that?

It's really not putting that much of a strain on anyones day. I highly doubt everyone is sitting in church wondering what went wrong in her life.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 05-01-2022, 09:40 AM.

Comment

RIP you lovely lady!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad deal. Mental health is a silent killer. A friend killed himself at 73yo. You never know what demons people fight in their mind and spirit .
                          Satan comes to steal, kill and destroy . . .
                          May she find peace . .

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I didn’t know it was possible suicide from mental illness. That’s very sad. Between her, Ashley, and Wynonna, I thought Naomi seemed like the normal one.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              I didn’t know it was possible suicide from mental illness. That’s very sad. Between her, Ashley, and Wynonna, I thought Naomi seemed like the normal one.
                              You thought suicide was from mental wellness? Mental illness can be genetic and she (Naomi) has spoke to it many times in addition to her daughters. I am sure this is very hard for her daughters on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                                You thought suicide was from mental wellness? Mental illness can be genetic and she (Naomi) has spoke to it many times in addition to her daughters. I am sure this is very hard for her daughters on many levels.

That was suppose to say, “ I didn’t know it was a possible suicide from mental illness.” The “A” didn’t show up. I just heard she had died. I didn’t know until I opened this thread it was suicide.

Comment

Working...
                                X