Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was expected IMO. Inflation looks to be cooling, stocks rise, and then it creeps back up. I bet the FED still raises 75 and then they still raise again early 2023.

Earning will suck really bad.. Enough to get stocks down to new lows. Once people give up then bottom will be put in.

But I'm still in 50% stocks because down this low and with everything backwards in todays world I can't risk missing out if FED goes stupid and lowers rates in spite of inflation.

Comment

Seems like the tech sector is taking care of most of the employment issues lately. Will be a few months before their severance runs out. Tesla cutting car prices by 20%.

Earning 4.5% on cash equivalents right now which is nice. Fed may go to 25 bps increase at next meeting. Seems like things are better but still not confident in buying back in right now.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Seems like the tech sector is taking care of most of the employment issues lately. Will be a few months before their severance runs out. Tesla cutting car prices by 20%.

Earning 4.5% on cash equivalents right now which is nice. Fed may go to 25 bps increase at next meeting. Seems like things are better but still not confident in buying back in right now.
        I'm not sure things are that much better, eggs are $10?

Anyone have a feel on YETI for a longish holding?

Comment

If you look at the past high inflation times, there's a point where inflation appears to be under control and markets rally... Then soon after earnings come crashing down and markets tank. And some of the times inflation that appeared to be under control roared back.

Question is how far can they run the markets up this time? Have to convince most people the bottom is in and get them back in the markets. Then they can flip it and drop markets until people give up and sell. And that will be the true bottom 2-6 months from now is my WAG.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            If you look at the past high inflation times, there's a point where inflation appears to be under control and markets rally... Then soon after earnings come crashing down and markets tank. And some of the times inflation that appeared to be under control roared back.

Question is how far can they run the markets up this time? Have to convince most people the bottom is in and get them back in the markets. Then they can flip it and drop markets until people give up and sell. And that will be the true bottom 2-6 months from now is my WAG.
            Agree with this.

Comment

Made my first stock investment in my lifetime. Chose to go with Lithium Recycling and chose Li-Cycle. I'm already down

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                Made my first stock investment in my lifetime. Chose to go with Lithium Recycling and chose Li-Cycle. I'm already down

Buy more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Markets taking it in the pooper! Hope everyone has their Monopoly money in a safe place….

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Markets taking it in the pooper! Hope everyone has their Monopoly money in a safe place….
                    Dry powder sitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Good luck. I'm not touching anything that IPOed in the last 3 years. Hope it turns out to be a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                        Dry powder sitting.

I'm holding off till this Friday and maybe next Monday thinking they will be buying opportunities.... GOOG and LUV are both getting really close to my trigger points.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                          Good luck. I'm not touching anything that IPOed in the last 3 years. Hope it turns out to be a unicorn.
                          Well I losing my butt right now...but got dang it we are going to have to do something with all the lithium waste that will only increase year over year. I'm hoping its these guys that will lead the charge.

Comment

Looks like bail out may begin again. SVB Financial Group going down in flames unless they get money.

See how Wall Street just shakes this off...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              Looks like bail out may begin again. SVB Financial Group going down in flames unless they get money.

See how Wall Street just shakes this off...
                              Yep and all of the top executives will still get huge raises and bonuses. It’s the way of the west.👍👍

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X