Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GE is doing bad this year as are multiple corporations . They just announced a 20% layoff in their wind generation division. Stock is at near 66. Seems like it might be getting time to consider if it gets into the mid 50s.

What are the GS thoughts on GE at mid to low 50s??

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
      GE is doing bad this year as are multiple corporations . They just announced a 20% layoff in their wind generation division. Stock is at near 66. Seems like it might be getting time to consider if it gets into the mid 50s.

What are the GS thoughts on GE at mid to low 50s??
      I'm not a good stock picker! But there should be plenty of value in index funds sooner or later. Take a look as case Schiller PE charts.

I would sure run from any company that has too much debt! And dismiss their forecasts completely! This will be survival of the fittest for a while.

Comment

I am staying the course Like I have always done. I trust my financial planner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Over the near future most my money is going into VOO
          Other than that, I'm staying the course on my other investments.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post

That’s where I am.

Comment

Bank of England just began bond buying again. They haven't even gotten inflation under control or started QT, they are already back to QE. Just one of many signs how bad things are and what may be coming for to the US once QT really begins here. Remember Bond yields and rates go up when prices fall and the US govt has not even begun selling bonds yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                Bank of England just began bond buying again. They haven't even gotten inflation under control or started QT, they are already back to QE. Just one of many signs how bad things are and what may be coming for to the US once QT really begins here. Remember Bond yields and rates go up when prices fall and the US govt has not even begun selling bonds yet.
                I'd rather have a depression than more QE. Last thing we need is 20% inflation (or 40% in real life).

Comment

Quite a volatile day yesterday. Can't make sense of a rally when core inflation went up. Still waiting to buy in. Bank earnings coming out now.

Comment

Down too much to make a move now.

Comment

Good luck.

I learned the hard way to not trust them. As I posted 10 or 11 months ago when the FED raises rates stocks go down. FED flat out said they would raise all year long. Baffles me FA's couldn't see this coming. Maybe they did but they make no money if they put all clients in cash...Just a slight conflict of interest.

And I was told bonds would still be a good investment as people would go to bonds if stocks go down all year. Luckily I flat out told my FA to sell most bond funds before they tanked also.

IMO another 15-20% lower for the S&P before it hits a possible bottom. But at this point nothing is a sure thing with crap hitting the fan all around the globe.

Comment

Everyone's situation is different brother. I will and continue to cost average invest weekly. When it gets dangerous, timing the markets.

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        Good luck.

I learned the hard way to not trust them. As I posted 10 or 11 months ago when the FED raises rates stocks go down. FED flat out said they would raise all year long. Baffles me FA's couldn't see this coming. Maybe they did but they make no money if they put all clients in cash...Just a slight conflict of interest.

And I was told bonds would still be a good investment as people would go to bonds if stocks go down all year. Luckily I flat out told my FA to sell most bond funds before they tanked also.

IMO another 15-20% lower for the S&P before it hits a possible bottom. But at this point nothing is a sure thing with crap hitting the fan all around the globe.

Comment

Cost averaging now is a good idea. I even have my 20 and 23 year old kids doing that. Great time for people that young to start.

But in zero way was a year ago a good time to start with markets at all time highs and the FED telling us they would raise rates all year. I really do not understand why people can't grasp that.

Comment

100% I'm 38 funding 2- 529s, 401k, IRA and mutual funds weekly all while paying triple principle on my home. Finding this as an opportunity to set us up.

Cost averaging now is a good idea. I even have my 20 and 23 year old kids doing that. Great time for people that young to start.

But in zero way was a year ago a good time to start with markets at all time highs and the FED telling us they would raise rates all year. I really do not understand why people can't grasp that.

Comment

Turned my wifes 401k into a self directed roth ira and put it into Kingdom choise's crypto ira. Waiting on the last dip to totally buy in and ride the wave up this next year.

Comment

Good luck.

Do you think we are going to see a V recovery, like we did when covid crashed the market?

Personally I think we are near bottom, but we are going to move sideways to slightly up for years. May take 10 years before we see all time highs again.

Comment

Working...
                                X