WTB 280AI brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 280AI brass

My hunting bubby built a 280ai last year and needs some brass and reloading dies. Thanks

He can get 280 rem and fireform some brass. It’s what I did.

Comment

280 AI brass can be made from 30-06 brass. And before you keyboard experts sound off-I have made bunches of regular 280 brass from 06. The 280 is 0.050" longer to the shoulder than 06. Necking it down forms a false shoulder to set headspace. Use a starting load of whatever suitable powder you have available. When it goes bang, you have 280 AI brass. I use military brass so I don't have the head stamp confusion going on. Just remember that military brass is thicker so powder capacity is down. Read that as less interior case volume. Watch for pressure signs. As for dies, I believe Natchez Shooters supply had them in stock a while back. I hope this helps. PM any questions

Comment

Several options as none will be cheap. Your buddy needs to visit all the online reloading suppliers and request an email be sent when items are back in stock. Perhaps he can place an order as the “back-order” items will be shipped when in stock.

He needs to visit BPS, Cabelas, and similar retail stores and search for what he needs … brass, dies, powder, primers, bullets, etc… he needs to be aggressive and pro-active finding supplies since 100 million people are in the same boat. As others suggested, he can buy 280 Remington ammo , hunt with it, and shoot it while fireforming the brass. 30-06 and 270 brass will work but then you run the risk of different head stamped brass.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback.

Comment

Working...
          X