Texas state troopers must shrink waistlines in new controversial policy: report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Body fat is computed by neck measure and waist measure extrapolated with height. Many short guys have thick necks but its figured in in the fat% tables. A fat gut is a dead give away to a fat guy or fat gal…worthy of a criminal to test legal endurance in a foot race.

More than 25% body fat in any critical services (first responder) is unsatisfactory for males. 30% for females.

Good job TXDPS.
    Maybe you are thinking of bmi tables. Not the same as accurate body fay measurements such as underwater weighing, biochambers, or skin fold measurements... heck they may have even better stuff now.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PoppinPiggies View Post
      Some of those officers really test the upgraded suspension in their vehicles, some game wardens too lol..........
      I have seen some pretty fat game wardens and some lady GW’s
      With hips about 45+ inch
      They are state troopers all so , I guess it’s time to thin the herd
      We have a sheriffs deputy here station at the courthouse that has to be 400-450 @ 6” tall

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
        I've never seen a horrible out of shape trooper from any state.
        I don’t think I have either.

Comment

It's always a good idea to try and stay in shape...
          But, if a TDPS,(or any other cop) successfully pulls me from a burning car..
          I don't care what their waist size is..
          But, I do understand their point..

Comment

Typical of govt. In no way does a universal waist size address the problem they are trying to correct. A guy that isn5'6'' and 40" waist, isnt the same as a guy 6'5" and 40" waist. Totally ridiculous as usual.

Comment

Can they expand this idea to include TSA officers, judges, senators, representatives and all government employees?

Comment

Old dps rule that media is trying to stir up controversy with

Comment

Send em all to the border to chase Mexicans. They'll slim up

Comment

4ft 3 with a 39.9 inch waist lmao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Personally, I think LEOs at all levels should have a physical fitness standard. While working out in the field, being round in shape helps nobody and could easily cause someone their life.

As a BP agent I worked with a lot of agents that did not maintain the necessary physical fitness. Unfortunately, nothing could be done due to the union.

Comment

I get the intent but there are exceptions. I’ve known a couple big boys that could out run you and wanted nothing more than to tackle someone and tie them in a knot. I’d rather that than a scared skinny cop with a gun.

Comment

Absolutely ridiculous if you ask me. Make them do multiple physical agility tests every year. Who cares about a waist line size. If you can work you can work.

Comment

I bet it will be struct down in court. JMO. Maybe for the new hires but will be grandfathered in for the ones already working.
                            Last edited by doghouse; 04-19-2022, 06:54 PM.

Comment

old news the marines have ben doing it for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                                Can they expand this idea to include TSA officers, judges, senators, representatives and all government employees?

Comment

Working...
                                X