Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
    Yep don’t need any instructions on how to mess them up
    Briskets are tough to learn man but once you get it right its like riding a bike. Ive never used a pellet grill before so I am sure it has its own uniques factors to learn like direct heat and small space. I can make a mean brisket on the offset but would probably destroy one in your rig. To save money try buying a cheaper brisket till you get it down. I came up on choice and select briskets and I can make a select brisket moister than an oyster. Leave more fat on it and it will come out real good. Good luck on the next one!

Oh just for ****s and grins if you have an infrared gun or other thermometer it might be worth seeing if your grills thermometer is on point. Could be that you have it on a certain temp and its pushing out something much hotter. I have gotten to where I know my chamber gauge reads 25 degrees off.

Also, even though I use a water pan I also wrap after the stall. Your next one will be g2g.
    Last edited by Ætheling; 04-16-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Didn’t wrap it.

Comment

I don’t own a pellet grill so take this for what it’s worth… I’d try a water pan next time and/or wrap it. Seems to me those pellets would create a very dry heat. When I open my smoker I can feel the moisture in the air hitting me in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
          I don’t own a pellet grill so take this for what it’s worth… I’d try a water pan next time and/or wrap it. Seems to me those pellets would create a very dry heat. When I open my smoker I can feel the moisture in the air hitting me in the face.
          So I gather that using a water pan won’t hinder achieving a good bark? In my sausage making and smoking experience a wet casing and moisture will inhibit the sausage taking the smoke.

Comment

I’ve never used a water pan when smoking meat other than when I used a offset and smoking turkey.

OP did you wrap it when it hit 165 or the stall temp and then finish cooking wrapped? Sounds like you cooked it all the way to 200’ish and then pulled and wrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              I’ve never used a water pan when smoking meat other than when I used a offset and smoking turkey.

OP did you wrap it when it hit 165 or the stall temp and then finish cooking wrapped? Sounds like you cooked it all the way to 200’ish and then pulled and wrapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No wrap until pulled.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                No wrap until pulled.

Which works on a stick burner.

The color and texture of the OP’s meat reminds me of why I don’t do brisket on my drum.

Comment

I agree. I could certainly make it work...even if I need a cleaver and the aujus or BBQ sauce

oh wait there is no aujus because he didn't wrap.
                  Communist! If you put bbq sauce on my brisket you can find your way out of my house!

Nailed another one. Recteq is the bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Communist! If you put bbq sauce on my brisket you can find your way out of my house!
                    I know that's cool and all to say....but when its dry and must be chopped you go into CPR mode.

Well lets see the slice pics.... I keep hearing about these briskets but never see results..

Comment

I have to use bbq sauce or you would choke to death

Comment

I know that's cool and all to say....but when its dry and must be chopped you go into CPR mode.

Well lets see the slice pics.... I keep hearing about these briskets but never see results..
                        You got em in yo texteses

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;16182300]I know that's cool and all to say....but when its dry and must be chopped you go into CPR mode.

Yes sir and lots of it lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB2B482D-63EA-4417-B615-1B5DA23BED53.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	24682070

No good pics. I was ready to hammer it. Weird transition on this one. Had grain going 3 ways and I said f it I’m ready to eat so I chopped that small section however. Turned out great for the first smoke on my recteq 590. Great smoke ring!

Comment

My spatchcock chickens turned out great. The Dr Pepper Easter ham fell apart and the crockpot borracho beans are amazing.

No rabbit chow, injecting or easy bake oven. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ needs CPR^^^

Comment

Working...
                                X