Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need your help. Brisket

Originally posted by rolylane6 View Post
    I've read that smoke no longer penetrates the meat at around 160 degrees (meat temp) so the oven first method would greatly reduce your smoke ring if that's true. I don't know, but that's what I've read.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Lots of food experts say the meat doesn’t take anymore smoke penetration after 3 hours. The remaining time is just cooking and developing a bark/crust. Obviously flavors continue to develop but the “smoking” of the internal meat is complete. Its not going any deeper. For sure the smoke ring won’t develop well if it all if baked first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Need your help. Brisket

No way in heck am I’m doing oven first. … heck the only time any BBQ of mine or folks I know in the game sees an oven is if I/we have the smoke and bark complete and its wrapped like you did at the end above. I have to be busy or have to go somewhere where I can’t watch the smoker … once wrapped heat is heat so it doesn’t really matter where it finishes though.

That’s like cooking chicken in the oven as is, then pulling it out and shaking your favorite seasoning on it as it cools on the plate.
      Last edited by Smart; 04-29-2022, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Well here goes nothing. Went on at 9:00
        Attached Files

Comment

Need your help. Brisket

Heck yeah get it!!

Whatever plan you have now do not deviate.

Last edited by Ætheling; 05-21-2022, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
            Heck yeah get it!!

Whatever plan you have now do not deviate.

My plan 165, wrap it, pull 205ish after probing. Going to be freaking awesome

I hope

Comment

Good luck this time. I started following Jason's method and I haven't had a bad one yet. My Pit Boss works perfectly. It is trial and error. The older models I have found have a temp variation of up to 50° sometimes. That may have some impact on your cook as well.

Comment

Good luck JP!

Comment

Trying something different this time. I’m put point end towards smoke vent.

Comment

Pulling for you.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
                      Trying something different this time. I’m put point end towards smoke vent.

Point toward the heat is always the safe play.

Comment

So what’s the verdict?

Comment

Uh oh asleep at the wheel [emoji23]. Been there done that haha.

Comment

Still going?

Comment

3:30 I wrapped it at 168. Its sitting at 199 right now.

Comment

I did another a few days ago & like suggested wrapped in a towel & let it rest in the ice chest for about 4 hours & came out fantastic...this thread has been great.

Comment

Working...
                                X