Brass knuckles in a cook book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass knuckles in a cook book?

I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were dicussing how much stuff people acquire over a lifetime. That led to a discussion on going thru all the stuff our parents have and going thru it when they pass away. That got me to thinking about what I found. Going thru my mom's kitchen stuff and was very surprised to find a pair of brass knuckles in a cook book. Glad i never complained about her cooking much.

Anybody else have any odd finds?

A VHS tape with no label in the top of the closet. The wife says you think this is a home made movie? I said God i hope not, we aint wathcing it.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post
      I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were dicussing how much stuff people acquire over a lifetime. That led to a discussion on going thru all the stuff our parents have and going thru it when they pass away. That got me to thinking about what I found. Going thru my mom's kitchen stuff and was very surprised to find a pair of brass knuckles in a cook book. Glad i never complained about her cooking much.

That should make for a neat shelf display in a man cave. Id like to know the story behind that.

Comment

Originally posted by bullhead44 View Post

Were the pages cut out so the knuckles wouldn't keep the book from closing flat?

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
          That should make for a neat shelf display in a man cave. Id like to know the story behind that.

I have them on a shelf in the living room with some of my dad's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
            A VHS tape with no label in the top of the closet. The wife says you think this is a home made movie? I said God i hope not, we aint wathcing it.
            LOL that is funny. A couple weeks ago on the radio people were calling in about embarrassing moments. One guy called in and said his mother caught him watching a x rated movie and sat down and watched it with him. He then went on to say how she was narrating it as well . I laughed so hard I almost crashed my truck.

Comment

[QUOTE=Outback;16179165]Were the pages cut out so the knuckles wouldn't keep the book from closing flat?[/QU

It was a 3 ring binder type cook book and they were in the inside pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                Were the pages cut out so the knuckles wouldn't keep the book from closing flat?
                Yeah curious about this too. I could see brass knuckles being used to keep a book open whilst cooking, but if the book was modified so as to conceal the BK’s that’s a whole other thing!

Comment

My buddy of mine found a picture of his neighbor naked in the alley by the dumpster. Back when Polaroid cameras were popular I guess. He wasn't real impressed.LOL

Comment

That’s why you gotta have that one friend that, upon hearing of your passing, skips the tears and heads straight to your house to burn things!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drove a trash truck for the city for about 5 yrs b4 it went to a private company. Seen all kinds of *** toys. Even had my labor start hollaring to stop the compactor when someone’s life size doll popped out of a bag when driving to next house. Thought I was going to have to call a ambulance for him!!!

Also found bank robbery dye pack money from a robbery that had happened on the same day.

Comment

[QUOTE=curtintex;16179257]That’s why you gotta have that one friend that, upon hearing of your passing, skips the tears and heads straight to your house to burn things!

Yup!

A friends dad passed and I bought most of his guns. I pulled the foam out of the lined box and dad had a big girl friend. {naked Polaroids} We laughed...

Comment

Put those knuckles in your pocket, there legal now

Comment

I didnt find, but intentionally left. When I sold my last house, the buyers requested I leave the pool table. No problem. Well, I had some pics of a ex lady friend on the pool table.... (no face in pics) I kindly put them in the coin box of the pool table before I moved.

Comment

I was working in the field several years ago and we'd always get an early start in order to miss normal commuter traffic, so it was common to arrive on sites before the sun was up.

This one morning in particular, we hit the first site 20 minutes or so before daylight. The guy working with me at the time was around 50, I was in my mid 20's, had a few cups of coffee and needed to take a leak so off to the portacan he went.

I'm reading the sports section of the paper when he gets back into the truck so I don't initially notice that he brought something back with him. Here's how the rest went:

Him: Hey check it out, I found one of those things plumbers use to pressure test their work.

*I look over*

Me: Uh, dude, that's a peen pump... (Austin Powers had just come out, it kind of made this event even funnier).

Him: WTH are you talking about?

*Me noticing a sticker on the "barrel", I guess you'd call it. Kick my head to the side so I can read the wording "Do Not Use on Inflamed or Swollen Areas"*

Me: Get that **** thing out of here, and go wash your hands!

*He rotates the thing, noticing the sticker and reads it out loud*

Him: Awwww s**t"!

Comment

Working...
                              X