My honest review of new atv tires!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The factory tires were finally done. Cow manure had dried them out and the leaked and over 3000 miles the tread was low, but even being “non aggressive” never got stuck.

I’ve always replaced when time with a more directional tread. Ride a little rougher but the dairy is “muddy” in a drought. I need traction without spinning and throwing “stuff”all over everything. as well as my hunting rig I need traction without rpm’s

New tires…. Maxis bighorn liked their looks for awhile and thought about replacing my rincons directionals when time came. I figured it’s a 4x4 atv… it goes anywhere with bald tires. Lol

Wrong…. These are the worst traction tires I’ve ever rode on. They ride great on dry pack, grass and handle great at higher speeds. But we ain’t even “muddy” yet and these piles of garbage keep you way into the throttle just to move at all… the bald factory were honestly better

So before ya upgrade tires, that’s my experience. If you are going to be a concrete warrior and still want a good looking tire that handles they are probably a good option. Moderate mud…. They suck!….. Bad mud…. Don’t know, but I expect to have to be washed off. Back with directionals for me.
    Attached Files

Almost bought those, glad I didn’t. Thanks for the review

Comment

Man I have had the opposite results with them . I’m a fan of them .

Comment

I just put ITP Blackwaters on my mule. I highly recommend these tires. Ride is good. Aggressive tread.

Comment

Are they mounted in the correct direction? Those tires have been around a long time.

Comment

ITP Blackwaters. Went through 2 sets in my Ranger and got great mileage and traction out of them.

Surprised to hear poor performance from the Bighorns. I’ve always heard they were a good tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              ITP Blackwaters. Went through 2 sets in my Ranger and got great mileage and traction out of them.

Surprised to hear poor performance from the Bighorns. I’ve always heard they were a good tire.
              Where's a good place to buy these tires?

Comment

Now they might be awesome if I hammered down! Don’t really know…. I never have to hammer down with any other tire. Won’t even steer. Just balled up and slide straight

My outlaws are a rough ride on dry pack and hard rough ground…. But if you need to go forward…. They do it at just off an idle. And they are 1/2 worn out

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                  Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Where's a good place to buy these tires?

I ordered mine from Rocky Mountain ATV. Do the online chat and tell them what you want and they will do it. They will ship them on the wheel you want and will even slime them if you want.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with em. . My daughter was 8 when I asked her to go get the Ranger from the other side of the duck pond...she did... never put it in 4wd to cross a rice field duck pond. Got to me with a big ol’ smile.

Comment

Bighorns suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                          Same. 3000 on mine from snow to east tx red clay. I don't have any issues with them gumming up.

I'll take them off your hands for a minimal fee if they are 27x14

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If I was in mud every day I would recommend another but I’ve had really good luck on hard surface and rocks, getting them to last.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              Cow manure had dried them out
                              Cow manure... bad?
                              I thought cow manure... good. Keeps the skin between my toes soft anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X