Trinity River around Ennis, Tx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trinity River around Ennis, Tx

Anyone know if there are any boat ramps or even creeks that you could get in on the trinity river around Ennis? Would be willing to pay to get access off private land to get a boat in the water.

In for the responses.

Comment

Pretty sure I saw a post on Facebook a week ago that someone just had one built out that way and is charging $20 to launch

Comment

I know there is a public ramp at Hwy 287 in Navarro Co but that is a ways south of Ennis. What about where Hwy 85 crosses the river? It looks like on Google people have been driving down the NW side of the bridge there. You would need 4WD at least. I have not been that way in a long time.

Comment

I see that, thanks. I’d really like to find somewhere a little upriver.

Originally posted by Killer View Post
          I know there is a public ramp at Hwy 287 in Navarro Co but that is a ways south of Ennis. What about where Hwy 85 crosses the river? It looks like on Google people have been driving down the NW side of the bridge there. You would need 4WD at least. I have not been that way in a long time.

Comment

I had a friend who put in north of Ennis on the river one time with his kids about noon , hoping to travel down river and get out at another road. They wound up having to be rescued via helicopter, it’s pretty wild down in there and very little access. Make sure you have a good plan before you proceed! He had borrowed a boat that was special to its owner and it got washed away in a flood not long after they were rescued. He learned a big lesson!

Comment

Theres a few holes in the India and Bristol areas...

Comment

Originally posted by Treeshark View Post
                I had a friend who put in north of Ennis on the river one time with his kids about noon , hoping to travel down river and get out at another road. They wound up having to be rescued via helicopter, it’s pretty wild down in there and very little access. Make sure you have a good plan before you proceed! He had borrowed a boat that was special to its owner and it got washed away in a flood not long after they were rescued. He learned a big lesson!
                I've driven up to the lock via land back in 90s and that water was a churning. Wouldn't want any part of that on the water.

Comment

Working...
                X