Soil help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgBow25 View Post
    Is there a reason why to drain them now? why not keep the soil most until you are ready to plant? sorry for the questions just trying to learn
    In my case we receive an influx of flood water during the spring and early summer. It stays moist and vegetation rapidly grows, I just keep any significant water off of it to prevent tree damage. Our impoundments are all 10+ acres so it is a little more complex.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBow25 View Post
      Awesome thanks for the advice. Is there a reason not to plant in May? Should get more rain then and be able to establish better roots for the dry summers
      Birds can and will wipe millet out if you plant too early. Jap millet matures after only 60 days.

Are you not able to pump water to your duck pond?

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
        Birds can and will wipe millet out if you plant too early. Jap millet matures after only 60 days.

Are you not able to pump water to your duck pond?
        Ya I can pump water into it. Just not out there that often. I drained it last weekend and expecting more rain this week out there. I have a bunch of smartweed and Japanese millet to plant in the pond but looks like i need to wait until June-July

Comment

TY

Comment

Working...
          X