Golf Cart Help Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart Help Please!!!

The quick version of the story is that my in laws gave me a EZ GO 48v RXV and bought brand new trojan batteries for it, all I had to do was install them. I took plenty of pics of the existing wiring diagram and wired them in accordingly. Volt meter said 51volts. All is good right? Wrong. It wont move. When I tied in my positive I heard the motor “click” and all of a sudden it would roll freely again. I thought that was good news. After 20 mins of checking wires and connections I couldnt figure out why it wouldnt drive. I touched the motor and it was very hot to the touch. I disconnected positive and again heard the “click” and you couldnt roll it any longer. After 20 minutes the motor had cooled back off. Any idea what the issue may be or at least give me a starting point? I know nothing. Im about to start youtubing but since TBH has so many people that rebuild carts I thought Id check in here first. Thanks!!

Go to www.buggiesgonewild.com and ask there. Great forum that will get you figured out.

Tim

Comment

just did this yesterday.....

wire in series.....hot wire off the solenoid goes to positive....then loop each battery from neg to pos starting with first battery------
      wire off the controller is a ground......

make sure the tow/maint and run switch is in " run"

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
        Go to www.buggiesgonewild.com and ask there. Great forum that will get you figured out.

Tim
        Yea join this group, guy's on there know their stuff. They have helped me a few times.

Comment

Thanks for the replies and I poked around in the forum mentioned earlier and it is LOADED with info.
          UPDATE: I figured out last night that what I thought was motor getting hot, is instead the brake. It is attached off the end of the motor. While the cart is sitting idle and will not drive, the brake is getting very hot. I can hear the solenoid clicking when I apply pressure to the brake pedal. I'm not sure what is going on but I fell asleep at midnight watching videos. Lol I'm going to keep after it today in my free time and hopefully have some better details to report. Thanks for the help

Comment

You probably have it wired wrong. Go to Ezgo.com and download a wiring diagram for the batteries

Comment

First question is was it running with the old batteries?? 51 volts on the voltmeter sound right for a 48 volt system.

Comment

I dont know where in SETX you are but Bobby at B&B golf carts in Vidor could prolly fix that over the phone 409-767-0239

Comment

Have the same cart, and have had it for years. This happened to me two weeks ago, mechanic said the RXT has the hill break, which it does. Not a brake pedal lockable break, and if there are anytype of shorts or a million other little things the auto hill break locks the back brakes and motor. So if you figure out any sort of fix let me know. My batteries are 2 years old.

Comment

if you google hill brake rxv issue you will get tons of hits and youtube videos on how to fix and possible issues

Comment

Working...
                    X