No announcement yet.

Timber company leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than FRC, what websites are y’all using?

Comment

FRC is now crownpineleasing.com.

Comment

I have 1 currently and had 2 othes with https://crownpineleasing.com/.

Comment

You may have better luck bidding on some of the smaller tracts first and then add to it as property comes available. It will be hard to try and remove a hunting club that has has been already established and has a good working relationship with the timber company. Even if you were successful in getting it some of the members that were put out may want to cause some problems in the future. There are a few that think since they have hunted that property for the last 20 years they still are going to hunt it whether they are a member or not. Start small and it will be easier for you to control the members and not trying to just fill spots to make the lease payment.

Comment

Comment

Anyone know when the available leases will be posted with crown pine?

Comment

Shouldn't be much longer. We have to have them paid by June 1 so anything that doesn't get paid will start showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                  Shouldn't be much longer. We have to have them paid by June 1 so anything that doesn't get paid will start showing up.
                  Thanks

Comment

It’s time

Comment

They are releasing available properties Friday May 27th

Comment

Above info is accurate with one exception. Crown changed hands this year or theleasing part has, so they did a one year “practice” run. Next year is a contract year. Contracts are usually 3 yrs, but I thought they told me contracts were gonna be 2 yr as of next year.

Comment

There are no “paper” companies.

The major landowners are Manulife, Rayonier, TGG, TIG (caddo), RMS and Moplus. There are some smaller reits and management companies out there like AFM and TIR.

Comment

Case of ribeyes and a bottle of Pappy has been known to help secure a few acres

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                              Should be any day now. I check every day to see if any has come open. We should know soon!

Comment

Crown pine website has 3 leases listed. 2 are around 1700 acres and the other is 871. All too big and too expensive for me even with a couple people thrown in! Just letting y’all
                                Know there starting to post some. Should be more and smaller tracts posted soon

Comment

Working...
                                X