Opinion on foot pedal for trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on foot pedal for trolling motor

I have a minnkota trolling motor with the hand held controller. It’s often a pita to use while I’m fishing (maybe it’s just me). Do you guys prefer the foot pedal over the handheld, Utilize both….or do I just need to up my handheld remote skills?

If anyone doesn’t like their foot pedal (and it’s compatible with a Terrova) I may buy it from you to try it out.

My remote stayed under the seat. I like the pedal better.

Comment

I have a Terrova with I-link and Bluetooth. And use the pedal most of the time. I sometimes use the wireless remote. But I've also used just the cell phone app too, so I don't have to drag anything out.

Only problem I've had with the pedal is sometimes bumping it and turning certain features off.

My next one will be a lithium powered Ultera.

Comment

I have the remote control style. I don't like it. Has its uses, guests at the front while I street from the back, but over all, I prefer foot control

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Mote but I also hate a cluttered deck

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Much rather have foot controlled if your using the trolling motor while actively fishing. (Especially if you’re throwing artificial) If you just use the trolling motor to ease into an area and anchor down than it doesn’t really matter.

Comment

I love my Ultrex! You couldn’t give me one that wasn’t foot controlled for what I do.

Comment

I absolutely love my hand held remote. The I pilot is a game changer. I don’t have a foot pedal for mine but could see it would be useful but I would still want my remote around my neck. I love being able to run the motor from anywhere in the boat and press the anchor lock from anywhere. I love that you can press anchor lock and help my son, or grab a drink or change lures or whatever without blowing way out of position.

Comment

Working...
                X