No announcement yet.

Off season hunter chore list:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaned up all my hunting gear right after the season. Been getting things done at the ranch & just about got all I planned on doing out of the way. Always more for me to find though! I had a fence put up between neighbors, Had my big pond cleaned out some with the ongoing drought & reseeded dam & cleaned area., Had about 5 acres cleared out & planted sunflowers hoping to get some doves in next season. Cleared my north fenceline where I can drive it now. Moved a stand & feeder. Getting ready to have another pond dug. Got one stand to put on the tower & then,MAYBE I can relax a little & shoot some pigs. MAYBE!! I am just hardwired where I can't sit still. LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      And this response is just yet another example of what I told you in private that I will now say publicly, If you live to be a hundred and stay IN Texas the rest of your life, you will never BE a Texan. Your New Jersey DNA smart arse attitude is just who you are. I have no desire to meet you (again), nor have discussion with you. Yes, I shook you hand because you extended yours to me and that's just who I am. I was courteous to you because of your wife and again, that's just who I am, but don't push it. I don't like you and that's not going to change.
      LOL. you had your chance for a FTF discussion off to the side but now you are a keyboard cowboy. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
        LOL. you had your chance for a FTF discussion off to the side but now you are a keyboard cowboy. LOL
        Well at least everyone knows What SH does everyday even in off season, muck raking!

Me what is off-season ! Feeders to fill , mowing, being a camp plumber, electrical guy , fire wood , feed pen build
        Being the camp marriage, anger management counseling guy
        And practice my rain dance daily

Comment

Home place:
          Move ladder stand
          Take down old feeder and replace with new
          Put up hog panels at one possibly two feeders
          Repair and set up old box blind I purchased

Lease:
          We’re losing this place just not too sure on when. We’ve been told we’ll have through 2022 and possibly 2023. But we’re just taking stuff out that’s not needed.

In a few weeks when I go back for turkey season we’ll take down a ladder stand, tripod, and tower blind that’s not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just keeping up with the crap that breaks, keeping the feeders running, and being ready for archery season, usually takes up all the time I can give it this time of year. I wanted to put up a pig proof pen and start feeding timed protein, at one location...but we'll have to see.

Comment

I enjoy the off season preparation almost as much as the season itself. I enjoy checking cameras, filling feeders, and generally just messing around in the outdoors and looking for things to do to improve the lease property

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                This made chuckle…a lot!

Better watch for that yellow vette in your rear view!
                Got dang it ..... now that's funny

Comment

Keeping the feeders going this time of year. Closer to season though, shooting lanes and lines of sight are my main concern.

Comment

1. Get dancing girls booked.
                    2. Locate new liquor store.
                    3. Hire divorce lawyer.

Comment

I am going hiking…. The deer will be there in September and so will the time to prepare for the season.

Comment

With all this lease work when do y’all have time to fish???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man it's good to hunt on a ranch where all I have to do is worry about my hunt setup. Rancher fixes fences roads, etc. We pay for them to refill protein feeders.

I need to replace a box blind. I've been holding out on that as my dad built one side of it shortly before he died 20 years ago. The other side he built 30+ years ago.

Fill feeders
                          Replace trail cam batteries
                          Kill pigs
                          Kill coon
                          Hope an axis comes by when I'm shooting pigs

Comment

Working...
                          X