Ordering a Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering a Ram

The F250 has a thread so now I'm curious about Lead Times on ordering a Ram... Anybody have one on order?

And, anybody know of a good dealer (preferably west DFW but I will certainly travel. Fly in/Drive home isn't out of the question) that isn't price gouging either?

I'm leaning towards a Power Wagon but I'm in no rush so ordering is an option I've never really considered until now.

People order dodges....on purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Lol, I can't believe i'm even considering it since my 2000 Dakota R/T was a giant pile and i said never again. But here we are a few decades later. Don't need a diesel for a personal truck anymore, don't like the new GMs at all, but a 7.3 F250 is a still a contender.

Comment

I have a TRX on order. Not sure how the deals carry over to other models, but best dealers i've seen to order through are:

Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La
        Granger in Iowa
        Chapman in Pa
        Koons in Va
        Dan Cummins Georgetown, Ky.

Best i've seen in Tx is either Bluebonnet in New Braunfels or Nyle Maxwell in Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
          I have a TRX on order. Not sure how the deals carry over to other models, but best dealers i've seen to order through are:

Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, La
          Granger in Iowa
          Chapman in Pa
          Koons in Va
          Dan Cummins Georgetown, Ky.

Best i've seen in Tx is either Bluebonnet in New Braunfels or Nyle Maxwell in Austin.
          Gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
            Lol, I can't believe i'm even considering it since my 2000 Dakota R/T was a giant pile and i said never again. But here we are a few decades later. Don't need a diesel for a personal truck anymore, don't like the new GMs at all, but a 7.3 F250 is a still a contender.
            I drove a Dodge 2500 for 7 years and LOVED it. Wanted to get a 2022 but they were just a little too proud of them in my opinion.

Last time I bought from Peters out of Longview. They were easy to deal with back then. Another dealership to look at is Kernersville out of N. Carolina and Dennis Dillion in Idaho. Both of those guys were cheaper than anyone else and loaded down with trucks, of course that was pre pandemic.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 2021 2500 Mega Cab Limited Longhorn with a Cummins. I did not order it. I found a site that is from Ram that shows what all the dealerships have on order and when they ought to come in. You can sort by the features you want. I found one I wanted them traded my 2018 in on it. I had to put $500 down for them to hold it. Drove to Cameron, Texas to get it. I've had Fords and Chevys, and y'all can say what you want, but I will pretty much stick with my Mega Cab as long as they make them. Love my truck.

Comment

From my understanding Chrysler/jeep/dodge are the only ones that have been able to stay on top of all demand and parts. They are running on current request with no backlog from what i have been told from my buddies in the industry.

Comment

When I was looking at a 2500 ram last month, they said 100 to 120 days on build.

Comment

Can't speak for 2500/3500 trucks but ordered a 1500 on Feb 25th and it shipped from the plant on April 1st.

Comment

I was told 8 month waiting time

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper33 View Post
                        From my understanding Chrysler/jeep/dodge are the only ones that have been able to stay on top of all demand and parts. They are running on current request with no backlog from what i have been told from my buddies in the industry.
                        I ordered mine 10/28/21 and still don’t have it and will be lucky if I get in it before the end of April. Some guys have been waiting on their builds since last June.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Yep and some of us more than once. My 2016 1500 was the only vehicle my wife or I have ever owned that didnt see the dealership for a warranty issue. I ordered another one last fall and she ordered a Jeep last summer. We'll see if our "luck" continues.

To the OP, my buddy owns a Dodge dealership and he told me there is no rythme or reason on how long the ordered trucks take to arrive. He told me to expect 6-16 weeks. Mine took about 14 weeks to come in.
                          Last edited by rtp; 04-05-2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I went and talked to Bluebonnet Ram in New Braunfels about ordering a one ton. The sales manager stepped in to help the new salesman. The sales manager stated that they sell orders for $2k under MSRP, plus they give you any rebates going when the truck comes in. They were very reasonable on everything, but Ram put a stop on the Ram Boxes which is a major feature that we want so I didn’t order.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Yep and some of us more than once. My 2016 1500 was the only vehicle my wife or I have ever owned that didnt see the dealership for a warranty issue. I ordered another one last fall and she ordered a Jeep last summer. We'll see if our "luck" continues.

We regret trading in our 2017 1500. It was the only vehicle my wife and I have ever had that we both really liked it. We really miss the seats, and the Ram Boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X